Other peoples' breath

kalimamasmom
on 5/13/11 1:23 am
Since my 2 week pre-op liquid diet, everyone in the universe seems to have the most awful breath and makes me want to vomit when they talk near me.  I feel like a real **tch, but I tell them if they want to talk to me they are going to have to go brush for about an hour or e-mail me from another room...
Is anyone having the same "nose" sensitivity?
Jen

KrisJ77
on 5/13/11 1:25 am - TX

Yes!! And when I returned to work - other peoples food heated up made me want to hurl too! It goes away - Thank GOd!! Lol!!

kalimamasmom
on 5/13/11 1:52 am
Thanks!  I thought I might still be losing my mind!  Glad I''m not alone in this one!

Libralin
on 5/13/11 1:55 am - MorrisCounty, NJ
Dont forget to ask other people how your breath smells...It comes with the territory in the beginning....

Jasonm11
on 5/13/11 2:25 am
I was overly sensitive to any smell and to an extent still am. I think it should calm down some the furthur you get out though.
tanieanie
on 5/13/11 2:30 am - WI
Have the exact same problem.   LOL   I thought everyone around me lately just had bad hygene  LOL.  I also keep saying our house stinks and no one else smells it.LOL

cattywompos
on 5/13/11 2:59 am
That's too funny!  First time I ever heard this one on the board, but looks like you are not alone :)
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Danielle K.
on 5/13/11 3:09 am - Evart, MI
 Yes my sense of smell is WAY off.  For me it is my husband and my son in particular.  But they are the only ones who's mouths are close enough for me to smell.  There were a few people here and there that bug me, I could never tell someone to go brush their teeth for an hour, I think it'd hurt their feelings.  

I did have to put it in prespective for my poor hubby.  I think it was getting to him everytime he got close to me I told him his breath smelled.  I noticed on my body, in a very female region a smell that my funky brain interpreted as motor oil or oranges.  Two things that smell nothing alike.  But there ya go. I personally can't wait for the craziness to subside.
HW: 294 SW: 287 Surgery Weight: 271.6 CW: 218.2        

sonyagettinghealthy
on 5/13/11 4:16 am - CA
I have noticed the same thing! I feel so bad because I dont want to hurt my loved ones feelings and of course the ones we love we are the most blunt with...and well everyone has been doing alot of teeth brushing because of my b**chiness. And I love dogs but seems anyone who has dogs I can really smell them in their homes, except mine, I guess because my hubby bathes them weekly, but other peoples homes reek of dog to me.

LynMac35
on 5/13/11 5:56 am
This is soooo funny - I thought it was just me! Those first few weeks I could not stand my DH's breath - I could tell what he had to eat that day (or the night before despite brushing). My sense of smell was super sensitive, it was not so nice. It went away after a few weeks - thank goodness. I was wondering how I was going to interact with others if I had to keep smelling them. lol :)

HW 355/ Pre-Liquid Diet 324/DOS 311/Current 212/Goal 140
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views