3 mo stall?

alicia601
on 5/18/11 2:15 am - NY
I am about a week or so past my 3 month post op and I cant move past 202. I was 260 when i started my pre-op, 251 at surgery, and now i am at 202 and cant get lower !   Is this supposed to happen at 3 months?  I hate to think that this is all the weight I am gonna lose for good ! I started walking again  as well. I  know I am not getting all my protein or water in and I been losing each month with no issues. I dont know what else to do ? Anyone experience this  ? I wanna go down to 150 and I feel that these lst 52 pounds are gonna be so hard.

KrisJ77
on 5/18/11 2:21 am - TX
I am right there with you!! I have only lost 1 pound in the past 2 weeks.....I know I'm losing inches though...my clothes are falling off me!!  Let's try to stay positive.....everyone I've asked that's further out from surgery than us say's it happened to them too!! 

fattofabinfeb
on 5/18/11 2:34 am
Count me in on the 3 month stall.  I am so friggen frustrated!  But, keeping a postive outlook.  How can we NOT lose weight.  I take in under 800 calories.  I have been struggling to get in the fluids, woke up this AM with a renewed motivation to DRINK, DRINK, DRINK.  I almost always (but not always) get in my 60-70 grams of protein.....going to try and up that to 80-90 range and see what happens.  Let's be strong and as Nike says "Just Do IT"!

Kelley_S
on 5/18/11 3:15 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/23/10 with
MEASURE YOURSELF. I find most often when I am stalled on the scale is when I am losing inches and when my friends will make more comments about me getting smaller. Ultimately, eff the scale because INCHES are what counts, right? :)

Also, UP your water. Seriously. I cannot stress enough how important this is. Sublimate had a great suggestion of drinking 16 oz of water anytime she felt hungry. It helped her get her water in and she could make sure she was actually hungry and not just thirsty.

Margo N.
on 5/18/11 3:18 am
I stalled at about 3 months too - this is not that uncommon. just keep doing what you are doing and it will eventually break - in the meantime, you probably are losing inches as some others have responded! The scale can be a real *****! You do need to work on getting in your protein and water though - not just for weight loss, but for health and conservation of lean tissue mass!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

brigitta
on 1/4/12 8:14 am - Germantown, MD
 I'm there now 3 months I've been at 190... Started at 264...I'm seriously considering a revision to my surgery

Margo N.
on 1/4/12 8:50 am
74 pounds lost at three months is AMAZING! Way to go!

I never lost more than 6-9 pounds a month after the first two months, when I lost 17 pounds each month. It seems so slow sometimes, but really, when have you ever lost weight this quickly!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views