Update from the GYN (guys beware, I'm talking about periods)

Candy S.
on 5/20/11 2:54 am - Elgin, SC
Someone posted a thread last week (I think) about heavier periods since surgery.  I indicated that I had an ultrasound to look for fibroids and had an appointment with my GYN today to find out what was going on.  She said that, unfortunately, the weightloss is definitely a contributing factor to the heavy periods post surgery.  An unfortunate side effect of rapid weight loss.  The good news is that it will eventually level out as our weightloss and bodies levels out.  I do have a fibroid and I am going to try an IUD to see if that helps with the heavy bleeding.  My husband had a vasectomy 20 years ago and I didn't think that at this stage in my life I would be on birth control but, oh well, if it helps, I'm willing to do it.  I thought this info might be helpful to any of the people that were questioning this last week.  There is hope!  Hope it helps!!!    
Height: 5'3" | HW: 262 | SW: 237 | CW: 130 | GW: 135

(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 3:10 am
That's what I heard too- besides the once a month fun, my hormones have spiked.. my ahem, drive is up waaay higher than it was before. I kinda like that part tho.
I'm assuming you are getting the hormonal IUD? I had a non-hormonal one years ago- it lasted a year before I had it pulled, made mine much heavier and crampier. I couldn't deal with it..
Candy S.
on 5/20/11 6:35 am - Elgin, SC
Yes, I would be getting Mirena which is a hormonal IUD.  I'm sorry you had problems with yours.  I have to do something though.  This is crazy and very disruptive.  I bled through my clothes AT WORK, KHAKI PANTS UGH!!!! I haven't done that since I first started my period when I was 12 for goodness sakes!  I haven't noticed the hormonal changes you are talking about (to my husband's dismay).  Good luck with yours!
Height: 5'3" | HW: 262 | SW: 237 | CW: 130 | GW: 135

faylavi
on 5/20/11 3:28 am - Laurel, MD
I had the lining of my uterus removed over a year ago and stopped having periods.  Since the VSG I started spotting and experiencing cramps

I think I am fertile again.  Not a happy camper...period wise.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

ahleeeshah
on 5/20/11 4:00 am
My period is all out of whack right now, haha. I hadn't had one in six months thanks to an amazing form of birth control I was on. It started back up the day after surgery, and I was a very unhappy camper. It's been a month since surgery and it hasn't come back yet, so while I'll probably do a test in the next week just to make sure it's the birth control working again, I'm hoping that it's gone again!
msroro
on 5/20/11 4:44 am - Richmond, VA
 Lord how about I had a "normal" post op period (my new normal) this month and I was treating myself for BV with the homeopath meds inserts and it started again Im pissed

I am so ready for my period to END!!!

Most Active