OOOOOPs How long

tawana2q
on 5/28/11 12:40 am - NY
How long does it take before you realize you didnt chew thorougly?
momokc
on 5/28/11 1:25 am
 With the sleeve, I don't think we have to worry about that as much as the RNY / LapBand people do.  I was so afraid in the beginning that wouldn't chew everything enough that I actually overchewed it! The main reason we can eat more like before surgery as far as chewing is we did not have a "POUCH" made during the surgery.  In other words, we do not have have stitches or a small opening for our food to go through. I believe that is why the RNY/Lapband patients have to chew everything almost to liquid form before swallowing and have the problem with it getting stuck in the middle of the chest on the way down.  My friends who had RNY/LapBand say they can feel it when it sticks in their chest and it has to come up as water will not pu**** down.
 We still have the same size opening for the food to go through, just  eat less food due to the smaller size of the stomach.   Most times, I have my food cut up in about 1 inch pieces and I can eat as I normally did before surgery just try to take longer to finish whatever I am eating than I did before surgery.  When I have eaten too much food, I get nauseated.  I don't think I have ever had an issue with the chewing of food.  

Granny

tdjf_3
on 5/28/11 2:01 am
In the beginning I did have this issue but not now. It was the instant I swallowed that I knew I didn't chew enough.

God Bless & Happy Losing!!!!                 
tawana2q
on 5/28/11 2:07 am - NY
But did you get pain from it?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views