question?

mocoso65
on 5/31/11 12:01 am
im 5 days post op and im tired of jello,juice and broth.is there other things i can have?
Kelley D.
on 5/31/11 12:04 am
I lived on Smooth kinda thin potato soup. My husband would make a batch and I would eat it for days. I added spices and sauces ( like BBQ) to change it up or just ate it plain. It was my life saver.

Height: 5'8"  Start weight:316 My goal: 190 Surgeons goal:175. reached my goal... 3years out, had some bounce back time to get back on track!

(deactivated member)
on 5/31/11 12:16 am
If you are clear liquids then you have limited choices...I lived on Sugar Free popsicles, homemade chicken broth, homemade beef broth.  You should be able to transition to full liquids or purees very soon tho and then your world will open up more.  I was allowed any food or soup that I could blend and put thru a strainer.  I then lived on potato soup, tortilla soup, blended chicken thinned down with broth..blended cooked zuchinni, etc.  I added lots of spices as that seem to satisfy my taste buds.  While your stomach is still healing tho you need to stay true to the liquids phase or you could possibly develope a leak. 
queen R.
on 5/31/11 1:00 am - enid, OK
I am one week out and am on liquids still.  I made vegetable beef/bacon soup and have been drinking the juice.  I froze the solids for the soft stage next week.  Also diet ocean crangrape juice, sf popcicles, lemon water, and flavor packets from ramen noodles.  I can't wait to chew something.  I chewed a carrot and spit it out (kinda gross to admit but it satisfied me ..lol)  Good luck! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views