Summertime blues.....

tawana2q
on 5/31/11 9:39 am - NY
 I didnt realize how hard this summer is gonna be until I had my first bbq yesterday. I was never a big eater however I was never restricted and if I wanted that turkey burger n frank n pasta salad I would with no hesitation n now I can have a 3 bites of a frank the size of a pumpkin seed n a nibble like a fish flake of a burger n im done for the evening n oh boy dont bring out the watermelon ... so sad I cant even have tha****er melon so I take it home n put it n my yogurt and then you have alot of people saying your strong I couldnt do it and sorry you cant drink alcohol....How tuff was your first summer being sleeved?
Lisa D.
on 5/31/11 10:11 am - New Orleans, LA
I eat  watermelon everyday!  Wouldn't be summer without it.  If you think about it, you can have a taste of so many good and healthy things and be done.  Then you have more time for people or the pool or whatever else is going on.  Think of it as extra free time and rejoice.  The end result is soooo worth it. 
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

_rebecca
on 5/31/11 10:43 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."  That's my motto!  I do ea****ermelon and small bites of foods I want at five months out.  Just remember how all that food got you to a bad place and you will do great!

tawana2q
on 5/31/11 11:05 am - NY
 Im good with not eating everything I see im just saying the summer is gonna be a challenge especially when you crave that piece of fruit you know your protein is first and the vegies n fruit n you cant seem to swallow the other requirements and I prefer my vegies n fruit over meat pasta n breads anyday so yesterday for me was tuff cause I wouldnt have survived off that fruit alone
future is looking bright.
teetee126
on 5/31/11 12:09 pm

hell you did good.  I ate a brat lol and I had some potatoe salad and some baked beans.  I felt horrible until  I went to the gym and weighed myself.  Down 2 more lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views