lost 4 lbs since MAY 2 WHATS UP ????????

clthomp
on 6/2/11 2:03 am - TN
I am so discouraged . I have been watching carbs and have been more active . I know i need more exercise, but 4 lbs I cant believe it . My surgery was Jan 18 2011  anyone else having slow weight loss.  I could just cry . this occupies my mind every waking minute
thanks cherrie
Brenda L.
on 6/2/11 2:08 am - Raleigh, NC
My weight loss is slow as well! It can be frustrating but as long as I know that I am eating as I should and the weight is coming off I will be a patient. I did join a water aerobic class this morning.
  Brendini                                                              
Heidi V.
on 6/2/11 2:10 am - Cardinal, Canada
Revision on 01/13/14
Have you been to a nutritionist? They would be able to tell you if you need to change what you eat.

Some people lose slower than others; I don't think you should be too concerned. How much have you lost so far?

Heidi
xx

Revision from sleeve to RNY is set for January 13, 2014.

Kim_M
on 6/2/11 2:10 am - LaPorte, TX
I feel you!

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
babzmcgee
on 6/2/11 2:19 am
 The same thing happened to me in February. I consulted my NUT and was told to eat more! I was exercising and not getting in enough calories so my body went into survival mode. I would suggest you log what you're eating and contact your NUT.
OH Support Group Leader

KrisJ77
on 6/2/11 2:25 am - TX
Did you see my post yesterday?  I had surgery on 1/31 - my scale hasn't moved since May 23rd....I could just cry with you!!  Let's not stress!! Stay positive!!! I refuse to believe that this is it for us!!! - Hugs!! Kris

George B.
on 6/2/11 2:29 am - Miami, FL
What are you eating?
How many calories and carbs are you getting a day?
How much protein and water are you getting?

These are all factors when weight loss stalls.

My weight loss slowed down at 6 months post-op and I noticed I had less restriction. I reviewed what I was eating (I track my food on myfitnesspal.com) and realized the bulk of my protein was coming from soft sources like protein shakes, cheese, Greek yogurt, beans.

I changed to dense protein, mainly tender beef and seafood, and saw my weight loss resume and felt a lot of restriction. Dense protein fills you up with a small amount and keeps you full longer. I can eat 8 oz. of Lentil soup with no problem but 4 oz. of steak fills me right up.

Limiting my carbs to less than 40 grams per day was also instrumental for my continued weight loss. When my carbs got too high my weight loss slowed.

Review what you are eating and make appropriate adjustments. Cut out slider foods like bread, rice, potato, chips, carbs in general. You can eat slider foods all day long and feel no restriction.

Dense protein and regular physical activity were responsible for me reaching my weight loss goal and maintaining.

clthomp
on 6/2/11 3:22 am - TN
Thanks I too have notice if i have soup or somthing less solid I can eat more . I acually have cut my carbs to about 30 a day . I will try to track better . thanks for advice

cherrie
George B.
on 6/2/11 3:27 am - Miami, FL
Cherrie,

The plan my surgeon gave me is as follows;

1. Eat 600-800 calories per day when losing weight.
2. Minimum 70 grams of protein daily.
3. Minimum 64 oz. liquids.
4. Limit carbs to less than 40 grams per day.
5. Regular exercise/physical activity. I didn't join a gym but I bought a bike and fired the lawn service.
6. Track what you eat to keep accountable.

Best of luck,
George

faylavi
on 6/2/11 3:19 am - Laurel, MD
 Another occupied mind here.  I am trying to stay positive through my slow weighloss.  I started journaling my food intake this week to pinpoint problem areas.  Not sure how to get it off my mind so I cant help you there.  I will say keep the faith!!!

Fay
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views