Atkins protein drink

beckysuea
on 6/3/11 4:28 am
I got the Atkins vanilla already made drink to use for one meal a day from Amazon.   I put it in the refrigerator and decided to drink one today.   Gross.   It was really clumpy and had a horrible mouth feel.  Didn't taste bad but I dumped it in the toilet and I had to squeeze the box to get the drink out.  I got eight on this subscription and they were all really thick and probably bad.    Luckily Amazon refunded my money. 

Has anyone else had that problem with Atkins drinks.
melanie L.
on 6/3/11 5:06 am
Nope, never had any issues. when I buy them I get them from Target...

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/11 5:29 am, edited 6/3/11 5:30 am
Yep- they're not bad or spoiled- they just had too much thickener added! I complained on Atkins website and after a few emails I received coupons amounting to the full purchase price for any other Atkins products.. they def should not be called shakes anymore!

I do happen to like the vanilla, but early on I couldn't drink it as it was too thick for my sleeve- now it's ok- especially if I put it over ice and mix it.

Get onto their website and let them know, also keep your receipt and the lot # of the shakes as they want this info.. They've gotten a lot of complaints about this.. same issue with the cafe mocha flavor- but that one was almost pudding! I had to eat it with a spoon..

edited to add: I got mine from CVS & Target, both clumpy.. I hope they fix it.

foodlover
on 6/3/11 5:42 am
I love them and have never had anything like tha happen.  I buy mine from walmart. 
Stephanie V.
on 6/3/11 6:18 am - NC
I'm addicted to the dark Chocolate ones- never had a problem.I love them!!  sorry you did.
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/11 12:39 pm
I wasn't crazy about the taste of them, but they weren't like that, it was a manufacturing defect or spoiled or something.

I am a fan of the EAS Myoplex Lite shakes myself, vanilla or chocolate are both good to me and they don't send me doing a fast step to the bathroom like muscle milk or some of the other "milky" protein supplements.
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/11 12:51 pm
I bought the Atkins Vanilla Shake from Walmart last week, I also experienced the same thing (Clumpy and had to squeeze the cartoon to get it out). It was my first time trying the Vanilla, so I just thought that's how they were suppose to be. It was horrible! So, I'll just stick with the Milk Chocolate ones.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views