A Dehydration Warning and a Broken Stall!!!

DragonGirl
on 6/7/11 1:11 am - MN
Well summer has finally arrived in Minnesota with a vengence! We have heat index warnings out today for 100 and high high humidity!
Saturday was pretty hot...high 80's and I did the American Heart Association 5k, starting at 11:00am through the streets of Minneapolis. I made sure I drank drank drank...but Sunday morning I woke up not feeling well. To make a long story short, I haven't kept anything solid down, since. I did finally break my stall, but I definitely would not reccomend this method. I talked to my Nurse 3 times yesterday and once this morning and she wants me to just concentrate on liquids, and recommended G2 to replace electrolytes.

MY warning....respect the heat!!! Drink drink drink, and seek the shade when you need a break. People with new sleeves should especialy take caution, if you're having trouble getting all your fluids in. Heat stroke and dehydration are very dangerous!

Hope everyone stays cool!
Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
vacationlover
on 6/7/11 1:17 am
Hello from Burnsville :)  I went to the gym for the first time since surgery, yesterday, and it was HOT in there...  I felt completely icky after working out... I need to try harder to drink throughout the workout, not just every 10 minutes or so...

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

SassyItalian
on 6/7/11 1:18 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
Yes, heidi, you are correct in your warning to others to stay hydrated..it is easy for us to get dehydrated so everyone~ drink!!!

Congrats to you on your 5k! Proud of you!

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Lalamonkey
on 6/7/11 1:19 am - GA
Hi Heidi,

WOW - Glad you are OK!  Thanks for positing this... Dehydration is serious and can sneak up on us really quickly.  As a person who lives in Georgia where it is HOT this is always a risk for anyone and I am trying to be especially vigilant - pre hydrating before exercise etc.

Again I am glad you are starting to feel better - PLEASE take good care of yourself.  

Hugs,

Laura
wannabeprettyinpink
on 6/7/11 1:27 am - MN
Damn! sorry Heidi, I feel bad that you did the walk with me.... But hey, on the bright side you broke the stall   I know the heat has a lot to do with me waking up with the start of a migraine today.  And since I can't take my meds, I took a tylenol and went back to bed. I am cancelling my appt at the gym tonight, too friggin hot!  I hope you feel better.

DragonGirl
on 6/7/11 1:33 am - MN
Don't you dare feel bad! I had a blast doing it! Who knows what this is...it could even just be a stomach bug! I do know before this Saturday's 5k...I'm going to pre-hydrate like mad!
The weather guy is predicting storms for Saturday...if it's down pouring there's no way the Beagles will even step outside let alone me!
Love ya Girlie!!
Heidi
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
DragonGirl
on 6/7/11 1:29 am - MN
Thank you VacaLvr, Sassy and Laura! I am still not feeling 100% but much better than I did Sunday. I'm just going to take it easy and play hookie from weight training tonight. I'm trying to drink drink drink! =)
(deactivated member)
on 6/7/11 2:00 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

Pedialyte pops are really good too for folks who are having a hard time drinking and keeping it down. 

I am sorry you felt so puny babygirl!!  Take care of you!

DragonGirl
on 6/7/11 2:28 am - MN
Brandi,
Thanks for the well wishes...love your stuffins!!
Heidi
ccbelle14
on 6/7/11 7:28 am - Minneapolis, MN
I hear you on the heat! I've been pushing the water and G2 constantly these last few days and limiting myself to working out inside only.

I hope you feel better soon!

Christina

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views