Heat!!!!

Leslie B.
on 6/7/11 2:12 am - MO
This kindof goes along with Heidi's post.....  Same here, dehydration this weekend.  My 12 year old son races BMX and we went to Kansas City this weekend to race 2 state qualifiers on Sat and Redline Cup qualifier on Sun.  The heat index was like 103 on Sat and prob worse on Sun.  Even though I really tried to stay in the shade and drink lots of liquids, it still was very difficult to get it all in.   So, yesterday  I felt very green under the gill.....or must I say like vomiting all day...  So, in 2 weeks we go to Rockford Il for a National race.  I think I am going to take some pedialite.  IDK...  I will try anything to help get rid of that feeling again.  So to all that have to be in the sun and heat after surgery, remember that we just cannot drink like we used to and to guzzle a gatorade because we need the Electrolites just does not happen with the new little sleeve!  So drink often and alot and make your drinks count.  I know for sure I will!  Good luck and God Bless!  Leslie

Oh on a side note:  My son did very well... Sat in Raytown got 3rd place
                                                Sat night in Blue Springs 4th
                                                Sun in Blue Springs 4th

He qualified for all of his races and his team placed 5th on Sat am, 2cd Sat pm and tied for 1st Sun!  Way to Go  SRT Wheelsports Race Team!!!!!

"I am so happy with my new life, would not change it for anything!"
DragonGirl
on 6/7/11 2:26 am - MN
Big Hugs Leslie!
Kinda feels like being ran over by a truck doesn't it? My nurse recommended G2 and it seems to be helping, although I haven't tried any solid food today. Hopefully this resolves itself today. She suggested coming in for a fluid IV yesterday...I thought hell no!
Liquids are going good!

Feel better Sweety and congrats to your Son!!
Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Leslie B.
on 6/7/11 2:40 am - MO

Yes it does!!!  I had a friend with me that had lapband a year ago (he has lost 170lbs, amazing)  and he told me to make sure that I ate good protein in the morning before getting in the heat.  He looked at me on Sun morning and asked what was wrong.  I told him I really wasnt sure that I thought I had drank enough yesterday.  He asked me what I had for breakfast and I told him eggs and a sausage pattie.  He said go in my bag and get a protein bar and eat it very slow.  I did and I really felt alot better.  Don't know why that did the trick, but it did for sunday.  But as the day went on I started feeling it again and then Monday, Ugh!!!  So yes, I know exactly how you feel and I know I drank about 6 bottles of water if not more each day!  I guess we need more than that!  God Bless, Leslie

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/11 3:38 am
 Pedialyte, G2, Powerade Zero, all good for those really sweaty days, the Pedialyte juice boxes (apple and cherry) are actually pretty good, I don't buy 'em anymore since I don't have much problems with getting enough fluid in, but I was going through several boxes a week between myself and my 8 year old son who thought it was really apple or cherry juice.
Jackie00
on 6/7/11 5:21 am
I am taking a course and coconu****er was recommended and probably better then gatarade, have no idea what it tastes like though it has electrolytes in it too
Leslie B.
on 6/8/11 7:25 am - MO
Thanks everyone!  I will definately try both.  Have a great summer!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views