Questions for my Nutritonist(pre op)

Susan0714
on 6/7/11 7:56 am - Kenner, LA
HI

I am meeting with my surgeon and my nutritionist tomorrow, for my pre op appt before my surgery.

My NUT at the beginning gave me a booklet with what to do on each stage, pre op, post op, puree foods, etc.. I was giventhat at the begining..

But, I am wondering did anyone ask their NUT any questions on their pre op appt.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

ccbelle14
on 6/7/11 10:09 am - Minneapolis, MN
You're lucky you've got a booklet! Go through it and write down everything that comes to mind and questions that you may have. Do they list sample meal plans? Suggested calorie ranges for each stage? Vitamin requirements? Recommendations for protein amounts / carb / veggie amounts? Can you have coffee or caffiene after surgery? How do they feel about liquids with calories, e.g. skim milk? Fruit juice? Alcohol?  I'd also recommend asking about stalls and what his/her advice is on how to deal with them. Really, there are no right or wrong questions.

Good luck!

Highest Weight (2008): 360  Surgery Consult Weight: 340  Day of Surgery: 318
Height: 5'10"
Mom_Of_Three_Loves
_Life

on 6/7/11 11:51 pm
I only had to see my nutritionist once, but she gave me the booklet of info and explained it. She also had plenty of food examples to show me. She had fake food. I got to see what I'd be eating after surgery in the proper serving sizes....ex. 1 ounce of a boiled egg is 1/2 of the egg. I saw what an ounce of tuna looked like, etc. That was the best part of seeing her....was all the good examples she gave me. She also highly recommended beans as a food that I'd be eating a lot. She said to avoid spice in everything (which will be hard to do in Louisiana..lol) because that causes a lot of problems. I'd read the booklet she gave you and come up with questions you have and write it all down so you dont forget.  We also eat out almost every meal at restuarants. My nutritionist said that I would need to eat at home for about 8 months just to get in the proper diet. I didn't expect that and she also suggested a small cooler purchase and always bringing food with you once you get past the early stages.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 84 views