Vacation after VSG

shblack
on 6/9/11 12:49 pm
Well I just returned from my first big vacation since VSG in December.  We went with my whole family to Cancun and stayed at an all inclusive resort.  My Dad was worried the amount of food available would be a problem.  It turns out that since I have trouble eating most foods and can only eat VERY small amounts still, the food was of no consequence to me.  It doesn't seem to even have a hold on me.  I eat my 3 meals as needed and watched my carbs VERY carefully.  The only bad things was that I had a few drinks (too many carbs, I know) throughout the week, but I managed to enjoy the week.  I was able to run along the beach, chase my nieces and nephews, parasail and felt so good with lots of energy.  I am enjoying what I can do now that I couldn't or wouldn't do before.  I was able to shop in the stores and find things that were actually too big.   I joked with my Dad and brother that I would probably be the only one to go home lighter than I got there.  I was right!!! I lost 2 pounds.  Usually I was good for a 7-10 pound gain during a vacation.  What a new outlook.  Food is for survival.  Activities and Play are for enjoyment.  What a revelation!!!!!

Sherry
272/258/160  Goal on 8/30/2011
Currentlly below goal at 140!!
Sassy 1
on 6/9/11 1:35 pm
Good for you!  Sounds like you had a great time with your new life!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
its4maya
on 6/9/11 1:37 pm - Cypress, CA
 Awesome!  I was wondering how long I should wait to schedule a family vacation.  Your news is GOOD NEWS!  Thanks for sharing.

stephany48463
on 6/10/11 12:03 am
I know the feeling...went to Disney in may, felt like I had indulged, and did let myself be on vacation, tried some bites of desserts and came home 4lbs lighter!! Of coarse I was the designated runner for fast passes this year where in 08 when we went that wasnt a possibility, so I earned every carb and so did you!
45 lbs lost pre op
first goal 199 reached 2-3-11
second goal 175 reached 6-1-11              
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views