BRUISES

tmctnrice
on 6/9/11 1:20 pm - Newport News, VA
Just curious, but does/did anyone else have bruises from the blood thinner shots? They gave me the shots in my stomach. Two on one side and one on the other. Now I have horrible bruises. The spot where the two were given is purple and black and about the size of an orange. The other side is relatively small. They are very tender to touch.  I was just wondering if this is common for everyone or just me. MY surgeon told me he would look at them at my 2 week appt. I am taking pics of them every couple of days to show him their progress per his request.

cabcab
on 6/9/11 1:44 pm
VSG on 01/06/11 with
I had a big bruise around one of my incisions.  It was probably 10 inches around.  I don't know if I had any blood thinner shots or not though.  My bruise wasn't tender and didn't bother me - and my nieces and nephew thought it was cool!!

Sorry I wasn't more help.  Hope it gets better soon.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

tristak
on 6/9/11 1:47 pm
Yes it's very normal. They used just the lower right side of my abdomen and two days after I was released I found these huge bruises. I knew immediately it was from the blood thinner shots because I clearly remember where they nailed me. They will heal in a week or two.

5'2"
HW - 310/SW 300/Day of Surgery 293.2/CW - 182.2 (2/26/19), fleur de lys abdominoplasty 2/12/19 - removed 8lbs of skin from abdomen.

sherrylb
on 6/9/11 2:41 pm - TX
Yes, I had surgery 5/24, and had three big bruises. One remains. It is from the blood thinner shots given to us.  How are  you feeling?   I'm just over two weeks out, and am feeling so much better.
(deactivated member)
on 6/9/11 2:59 pm
Yes, normal.  Those shots start out with a bruise the size of a quarter and end up the size of a grapefruit..  I get them everytime they give me the shots.
DragonGirl
on 6/10/11 12:23 am - MN
Yup...I had them, too. Very normal from what I understand.
Nothing was as bad as the nurse who f'd up when she was trying to IV me. She went for a vein inside my forearm and missed and stabed right through the other side of the vein. I was dripping blood all over the floor. I had about a 2 inch black bruise and the vein got rock hard. It looked like I was shooting up! My surgery was 5 months ago today and I still have a small portion of that bruise left.
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Momof2Sweeties
on 6/10/11 9:37 am - NJ
I developed some liposis from my shot which is permanent and will never go away..it can happen if they use the same spot more than once..I also have a permanent discoloration, very light, but it's there...oh well, nothing I can really do now

Shannon

mickidee23
on 6/10/11 3:24 pm
Me too, I didn't know there was a name for it.
 HW 267  SW 258  GW 150  Ht. 5'10.5"  Age 41

Hollyhock
on 6/10/11 7:43 pm - VA
I got one shot in the arm. They warned me it would bruise but it didn't, at least not yet and it's been three days.
5'7"  VSG on 6/6/2011  HW 224, SW 214, CW 144  
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 76 views