5 Month Surgiversary Before and After Pics

DragonGirl
on 6/10/11 4:39 am, edited 6/10/11 4:41 am - MN
After much difficulty I am hoping this works! It's been 5 very fast months since my surgery. I could list all the great things that have changed in my life, but I have to say the biggest lesson I've learned is blindly having no clue how miserable I was till I got the gift of feeling this great!

The before was taken at my Sisters wedding last September right before I started the program. I was 280 pounds, my cholesterol was bad enough to start meds, and my BP was almost high enough to start meds as well. I took a tight size 22w jeans and the tight fitting dress I have on in the pic was a 2X.

The after was taken yesterday. The top is a medium and the capri's are a size 12, my weight is 190 for a total loss of 90 pounds. (30 pounds lost before surgery) I feel fantastic, my Husband is ecstatic with how I look, and because I feel better our marriage has only gotten better. I do 5k's once a month...a lot of cardio and weight lifting. I have to say I love my life! The only regret I have is not having it done sooner!

Heidi

Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/11 4:44 am
Wow, you look absolutely lovely- and I love that entire outfit btw!
thebadest
on 6/10/11 4:45 am - Houston, TX
Congrats! You look great

***Getting to Goal Challenge: -13.9/22.7 July 29th surgiversary**
Trina//SW:270/CW:172.7/GW:150

wls2011
on 6/10/11 4:50 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 Awesome job!  
Love your new outfit!

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

Jeanne T.
on 6/10/11 4:54 am
You look wonderful, Great job! 

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/10/11 4:57 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
You look MAHVELOUS dahling!!

Such a beautiful smile (before and after)!
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
media604
on 6/10/11 4:58 am - GA
Wow Heidi, you look great! I'm very proud for you. Hopefully I will be joining you soon! Just got my surgery date, next Friday, June 17th I'll be officially revised from lapband to sleeve! Yoo Hoo!

I"m so happy to hear about your exercise progress. 5K you go girl, I can't imagine. Please email me how you worked up to it. I've been obese since age 4 so I've never been an athelete and have secretly always wanted to be one of the ones that could run! Running and me never quite worked out right. I'm 50 now but still want to do it while I can. I hope to start over and feel like a new me!

DragonGirl
on 6/10/11 5:47 am - MN
Thanks so much M!!
I've never ran a 5k (3.11 miles). Too many years of being heavy has done a number on my left knee and running just iritates the hell out of it. I do a fast paced walk and usually can complete a 5k in about 45 minutes give or take. I did my first 5k in December, the Reindeer Run, pre-surgery, in Sorrel boots, since we had 12 inches of snow the night before. I thought I was gonna die...or hoped I would, but I made it! Things are different now and walking 3 miles is a breeze!

I did the American Heart Association walk last weekend. Tomorrow, our Beagles and I are doing the Dog Day 5k! I will definitely take pics of myself and the Tubes of Terror (ty Brandilynn!) winding our way through Minneapolis.

Here's a link to find local races in your town. Give it a try...it's a blast and addictive!

www.runningintheusa.com

Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
(deactivated member)
on 6/10/11 10:12 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Heidi and The Tubes of Terror - on the town!!  :} 

You are beauty as always!  *likes yer sandal shooos!*

Kick some dogday bootay babygirl!!  You are rocking it!  I am proud on you, and I know you are proud on you too!
Zee Starrlite
on 6/10/11 4:58 am
You look fantastic!!!

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active