Surgery in 5 days!

Susan0714
on 6/11/11 3:14 am - Kenner, LA
Just seeing if anyone has any advise for me, since my surgery is so close.. I am not nervous yet, I have had my little moments but, I think it might get worse either day before or that morning when they are getting me ready for the surgery..

My doctor told me if I was not scared, HE would be worried! 

So, I just wanted to know if there was any last minute advice to give me, for the day before, or the day after, and when I am home!!!

Thank you,

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

lucy2e
on 6/11/11 5:59 am - Laurel, MD
My best advice is - enjoy that your moment has come.  You can be at peace with your decision and know that this is the best gift you could possibly give yourself!  Take time over the next few days to organize your stuff so when you get home you will have what you need readily at hand - and just relax!

Good luck - I know you will do great!  Oh - and practice the mantra you will need after - - sip, walk, rest, repeat!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Susan0714
on 6/11/11 6:11 am - Kenner, LA
Thanks Lucy,  I plan on cleaning the house this week, my suitcase is in my room, I have a list of things to bring..

I am doing any last minute shopping I need to do.. I have all my vitamins that I need..

I will make sure to follow the great saying of sip,walk rest repeat..

Thanks again Lucy for being there.

Susan

livingskinny
on 6/11/11 12:12 pm - NC
I am so there with you Susan, my surgery date is 6/16/11 as well.  I am so excited, I know there is going to be a lot of changes, maybe...I have been on Optifast for 2 weeks, and I only 800 calories a day, so I'm looking forward to it...my only suggestion would be to bring chapstick.

Susan0714
on 6/11/11 12:53 pm - Kenner, LA
THank you Livingskinny.. Thursday will be a great day!!! see you on the (loser) bench.

Susan

Lisa D.
on 6/11/11 2:42 pm - New Orleans, LA
Susan, 

You know that you are ready for this.  You are going to do so well that this time next week you will be on here posting to everyone what they should be doing to get ready for their ops.  The struggle will be over and you will be on your way to the greatest time of your life.  Talk to you soon.        
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Susan0714
on 6/11/11 8:24 pm - Kenner, LA
Thanks Lisa, I hope you had a nice day today..

Susan

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views