Need to be more disciplined!!

farewell2fat
on 6/14/11 1:45 pm - Apopka, FL
Feeling discouraged because my weight loss is currently at a stall & to add insult to injury, I've consistently been a slow loser. I was really diligent about following the plan in regards to my food, but lately I have deviated a bit. Had a whole slice of pizza, indulged in some sweets, etc.. It was very easy for me to stay on plan the first 4 1/2 mos because I hardly ever felt hungry & had NO desire for sweets/carbs (my trigger food), so the food I was eating was low in calorie & protein based. But now head hunger (ie, snacking) has kicked in & my evil sweet tooth is back. I have to definitely keep that in check! I'm starting to feel like I'm not gonna lose anymore weight because I've always heard that in the first 6 mos, you supposedly lose the most. I hope I can lose more in this year because I'm not close to my goal. I know what I need to do to jump start the weight loss. Protein first, no/low carbs, drink my fluids, exercise. When they say the sleeve is only a tool, they ain't kidding! I have to do my part as well. I plan on refocusing & making the most of my sleeve!!! :)

jengo1971
on 6/14/11 1:51 pm
I hear ya, sista!  I am amazed at the amount I can eat now compared to just a few months ago.  I never lost my hunger either.  My loss has really slowed down the past 6 weeks which has made me "scared" because of the whole honeymoon period thing.  We will do this.  Good luck!

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
debk21
on 6/14/11 10:31 pm - Mansfield, TX
Are you logging what you eat?  I'm over six months out and am also losing more slowly now, but the logging helps me to know what I'm eating and keeps me more accountable.  Sometimes I'll check my log before I eat something so that I won't go over my personal preset limits and I don't cheat on my log.  I'm honest with it so I know it's accurate.  I use Fatsecret.com to track my calories, fat, carbs, protein, weight & exercise.  It has a wonderful free iPhone/Droid app and really helps me to stay on track.  Refocus and get back on track.  You can do this!!!!

Deb 

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/15/11 8:39 am

Simple carbs are addictive. You fell off the wagon. You will find that the cravings will go away or be much less intense after a couple of weeks of white knuckling it. Focus on healthy carbs (veggies and whole grains) for a while- after protein ofcourse. Once the intense cravings are back under control, then stay away from triggers until reach goal. Then you can determine if you can have a planned rare indulgence.

Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views