lightweight 2 months update

cindymomof4
on 6/15/11 4:29 am - Greenwood, IN
I had my VSG April 11th.  I rarely post, but really appreciate all the info I have learned here, and I always like to see before and afters, so I'm posting mine.  I started this with 67 pounds to lose, and I have lost 31 so far.  I struggled as a lightweight to decide if I was "big enough" for surgery, but after a lifetime of obesity I am so happy I did it!  I had a tummy tuck a few years ago after my 4th baby, when I had starved myself from my high of 225 to 175, then with the regain I was literally in pain every day feeling like my abdomen was about to pop- in my front before pic you can see I look about to pop!  Feel great, no complications, no food issues, loving life! Sorry about the bikini shot, but I wanted to really be able to see the difference.

Paige V.
on 6/15/11 4:32 am - Gainesville, FL
you look great!

(but at this point I would love to look like your before picture)
jennyfur76
on 6/15/11 7:30 am - OH
VSG on 06/21/11 with
I was thinking the same thing....I wanna look like your before picture!!
Great pics! Great job! and keep up the motivation!!
George B.
on 6/15/11 4:37 am - Miami, FL
Congatulations on your progress!

sublimate
on 6/15/11 4:37 am - San Jose, CA
Gorgeous.. I'd be happy with your before at this point too.

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

DrHollywood
on 6/15/11 4:38 am - Harbor City, CA
To me you looked great before. 

and AFTER....  you LQQK wonderful.

I am like sooOOOooo jealous of your hard body.

Congrats Girlie! 

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

cindymomof4
on 6/15/11 4:56 am - Greenwood, IN
Thanks so much everyone!  I know, I wasn't that big to start with, that's why it was such a hard decision.  I started at about 225, and struggled every day to stay in the 190's, with PCOS, fibromyalgia, and borderline diabetes, I knew this would help me medically.  I was hungry literally every minute of the day.  Now I am rarely hungry, and when I am it is much less urgent than before.  People definitely tried to talk me out of surgery because I wasn't big enough.  My BMI was about 33, and my surgeon was confident that surgery would be great for me, that it would help my health issues.  He assured me that being a "little bit obese" is dangerous in the long run, and I have been obese my entire life.  I definitely could have lost these 30 pounds without surgery- and stayed at this weight for about a minute before regaining them.  I am now matching my very lowest adult weight- I weighed this when my first husband left me and I went into a deep depression and didn't eat, but I didn't weight this much for very long.  So I am looking forward to seeing a me I've never seen before! 

sublimate
on 6/15/11 7:10 am - San Jose, CA
On June 15, 2011 at 11:56 AM Pacific Time, cindymomof4 wrote:
Thanks so much everyone!  I know, I wasn't that big to start with, that's why it was such a hard decision.  I started at about 225, and struggled every day to stay in the 190's, with PCOS, fibromyalgia, and borderline diabetes, I knew this would help me medically.  I was hungry literally every minute of the day.  Now I am rarely hungry, and when I am it is much less urgent than before.  People definitely tried to talk me out of surgery because I wasn't big enough.  My BMI was about 33, and my surgeon was confident that surgery would be great for me, that it would help my health issues.  He assured me that being a "little bit obese" is dangerous in the long run, and I have been obese my entire life.  I definitely could have lost these 30 pounds without surgery- and stayed at this weight for about a minute before regaining them.  I am now matching my very lowest adult weight- I weighed this when my first husband left me and I went into a deep depression and didn't eat, but I didn't weight this much for very long.  So I am looking forward to seeing a me I've never seen before! 
I don't think anyone should give you crap about not being big enough.  VSG is a great surgery, and improves your health, and I know how hard it is to keep the weight off.  I think you did the right thing, and you look fantastic!  

Start weight: 388, Current Weight: 185, Goal Weight: 180, Weight Lost: 203 lbs
Certified Nutritionist VSG FAQsublimate: To elevate or uplift.
3/2012 Plastics: LBL, 3 Hernias Fixed, BL/BA, Rhinoplasty & Septum Fix. 6/2013 Plastics: Arm and thigh lift

Laurie M.
on 6/15/11 5:22 am - KS
I am sooo proud of you! You had decided on a course of action to take care of you! It takes courage to make this wls decision! I too am a "lightweight" with a bmi of 31 and 55lbs to lose. I am currently going thru the process of filling out paperwork,seminar,etc to have surgery this August. I am selfpay due to low bmi...insurance will not cover...have hypertension & a rare liver disease. I choose to take action now since I cannot keep the weight off. I have this group of people to be extremely helpful and I am grateful for each and every member. Post more pics as you go along!
rbow
on 6/15/11 7:23 am
I was sleeved one week after you and started out with a BMI of 40. Lost almost 10 lbs. in the preop diet, and now 30 or so since surgery. My BMI is now 34--Moderately Obese! A little over 25 lbs. to get to Overweight! Sometimes I feel bad when people are losing in a month what it took me two months to lose, but, I guess I had less to lose (around 100 lbs. total). Plus I am somewhat older. All in all, it's the best thing I have ever done for myself. Three large bags of size 20-24 clothes to Goodwill on Sunday, and a confusing stop at Steinmart where I was fitting easily into size 16 pants and XL size tops--not even in the plus size dept.! Glad we have found a solution. It's not easy, but the sleeve gives me the lack l hunger and constriction when I would have just eaten too much of the wrong things before. I can eat anything--nothing bothers me--but just not much of it. I walk, drink lots of water, and when I stall, go back to a few days of protein shakes and weight starts falling again. We are so lucky to have this tool available to us. Congratulations to all!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 80 views