12 Days

Joel F.
on 6/18/11 9:00 am - Concord, CA
Hi, Everyone.

Just joined a couple of weeks ago.  My VSG surgery is scheduled for June 30.  Decided it was time to introduce myself and start contributing.

I'm feeling less nervous as the surgery date approaches.  To be honest, I'm not nervous about the surgery, at all.  I'm nervous something (pre-op tests, insurance, getting hit by a car) is going to delay my surgery.  And I'm nervous about the drastic lifestyle changes that will follow surgery.

Anyway, as I obsess about pre-op details and receive all of my mail order supplements and protein drinks, I'm just drumming my fingers and counting the days.

I look forward to getting to know some you better.

Jenny C.
on 6/18/11 11:01 am
Welcome!  I can totally relate to the finger drumming part.  I remember waiting for my surgery, knowing TONS from being on this site, but still wondering "what will it be like for me?"  

It has been absolutely wonderful for me, and I hope it will be for you, too.  Best of luck.
Jenny

rdd9348
on 6/18/11 11:43 am - OR
Welcome, and good luck with your surgery. 

I had the same concern about being able to make drastic lifestyle changes but now, a little over three weeks post-op, and having been on solids for about ten days already, I'm much more comfortable with the idea.  For the moment, I just don't want to eat as much.  And I'm already starting to focus more on activities that don't involve food.  The restriction makes it very clear to you when you have had enough, and once that happens, you just learn to stop (I'm still learning).  Once that full feeling kicks in, you won't feel like you haven't eaten enough, even though some part of your brain is still telling you that you can't possibly really be full.  And once you drop a little weight, it feels really good to be able to do some of the things you have been avoiding.  For me, just walking with my dog is so much more enjoyable now that I'm not lugging around the forty pounds I've already lost (half pre, half post).  At this point, I'm really looking forward to having those lifestyle changes continue. 

Hope it works out well for you!
Dick 
Highest-285, Start WLS Program-267, Surgery-245, Current-196, Goal-148 
                                   Short Term Goal - Under 185 by 10/15/11           
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 91 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views