Slow weight loss

SweetiePea
on 6/22/11 12:31 am - IA

I'm in the same boat. My stall began 3rd week and luckily has not moved up at least. I'm at 4weeks post-op now.  Hopefully it move downward soon before my 2nd post-op appointment. Would like to see 18-20lbs lighter.

Height - 4'10"

califsleevin
on 6/22/11 12:38 am - CA
Quite normal. Look at it this way - if our resting metabolism (what we burn up just living) is around 2000 calories per day and it takes 3500 calories to burn a pound of fat, then on average we will lose about a pound every two days - without eating anything. That rate will vary depending upon how much we eat and how much we exercise, but it's an easy number to get your head around. We tend to lose a lot initially because of the shock to our system of the surgery and the severe change to our diets, but then the body adapts and takes a rest before the loss continues, usually at a more sustainable rate. I lost about 25 lb the first three weeks, was stuck for a week when I only lost a pound and am now losing 3-4 lb per week. And there will be more stalls along the way - it's stairsteps down rather than a smooth ramp.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views