Home and Sleeved! OMG

jennyfur76
on 6/24/11 2:18 am - OH
VSG on 06/21/11 with
Well, surgery was Tuesday (June 21). Surgery itself was a breeze. Everything went well, except Doc did not remove my gall bladder. He said that everything went so well with my sleeve, that he wanted no chances for complication. He had someone a month ago, sleeve went well, he then removed GB and she had several complications. He didn't want that to happen again. Oh well, guess I'll just have to have it out in 6 months or so.

Anywho...day one went well. Was on lots of pain meds, so don't remember alot. Day 2 started liquids in very small doses.1 oz of water at a time. I could only get in about 1/4 oz in each sip, and got pretty bad hiccups! lol  Doc said that was normal, just try to drink slower. Day 3 (yesterday), they added in some Crystal Lite and Chicken broth.  I'm not a huge fan of broth, so that wasn't the greatest but the CL went well. Still didn't get alot in, but all is well. Nothing came back up, so that's all that matters to me right now! LOL

They were supposed to discharge me yesterday anytime after 4pm. Well, the Doc had other things going on and they didn't get around to it until about 7pm. OMG I was so jumpy and irritated! My husband was making fun of me cuz I couldn't calm down. I just wanted to get the heck outta there! So, we finally made it out and the hour drive home was not very pleasant (bumpy). I strongly recommend a lap pillow for car-rides home. I had one, but it was still very uncomfortable.

Finally got home and tried to settle in. Was planning on the recliner for night one. Made an attempt and it wasn't very comfy. Tried the bed (on my side w/body pillow) and that didn't work either. Finally went back to recliner. Put 2 pillows behind my back, one under my feet and a blankey. I was awake about every hour or so all night. Was very uncomfortable. This morning around 7am, I was a little less sore, so tried the bed again. Went right to sleep and slept for about 2 hours straight!

I was told by my NUT that I could start back on Full Liquids today (shakes, jello, popcicles, etc). I am currently sipping on a pre-made Carnation Instant Breakfast Essentials (S/F), which is pretty good.  Every time I take a sip I get a few hiccups. I guess I don't have the timing down yet. LOL

Guess I only had a few moments of "WTF did I Do???" Which is better than I thought. My husband keeps reminding me that this is all for the better and I will be shrinking in no time. He's such a good motivator! I am very thankful!

Well, I believe the Lortab is telling me it's nap time, so talk to ya'll soon!! Best wishes to everyone!!
Jennifer 

Shari H.
on 6/24/11 2:29 am - MI
 Congratulations, Jennifer!  Glad everything is going smoothly for you and hope that continues.  Sounds like you're doing good.  Be sure to walk, do your deep breathing, walk, sip the fluids, walk and rest.   And welcome to the loser's bench!

Shari
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
FULL DISCLOSURE:  includes 31 lbs lost pre-op 
Bulldog80
on 6/24/11 2:33 am - Macon, GA
Congtrats on making it this far!!!  My surgery was June 15.  I'm feeling much better now and I'm sure you will soon too!!!!  Stay positive!!!!! 

HW:250  SW: 218  CW:199.8   GW:150
Surgery date 6/15/11
Dee60
on 6/24/11 2:35 am
VSG on 02/21/12
Congrats Jennifer! I wish you continued success! 
Kristy R.
on 6/24/11 2:39 am - Santa Clara, CA
 Congrats!  Everything sounds about normal, LOL.  Sounds like no major issues and you seem to be in good spirits!  Yay for you!
~Kristy~ VSG 3/29/11 ~ 15 pounds lost pre-op, SW - 240/GW - 150

chris1021
on 6/24/11 2:39 am - DeQuincy, LA
well jennifer, first off let me say i am proud of you!! and happy for you too lol. its always so good to come on here and read all the wonderful things about the sleeve but its also refreshing to read some of the ups and downs especially about the moments after surgery :) althou im not sleeved yet (july 22 is my big day :) ) im almost positive that this stage moves along rather quickly and before you know it you will be looking back and saying "wow was this sooooo worth it" lol best of luck and best wishes on your healing and loosing!!!
*hugs*
       ~Don't be afraid to lose what was never meant to be~

@}~CHRIS~{@

lucy2e
on 6/24/11 2:45 am - Laurel, MD
Congrats and welcome to the losers bench!  Remember - sip, walk, rest, repeat!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

jfab1978
on 6/24/11 2:47 am - CA
Glad you're doing well!! Welcome home!!

Faye56
on 6/24/11 2:48 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with

Congrats Jennifer - it's done!! I hope that you get to feeling better real quick also.

I, like Chris appreciate the post that let you know what to expect right after the surgey. My date is set for July 19th. Believe me, I am going to follow as many of the helpful tips on here that I can remember (being all dopie).

Sending good thoughts for a healthy recovery your way!!

Smardeepants
on 6/24/11 2:49 am
Congrats, so glad to hear you're doing well and that's it been good so far.

Can't wait for more updates!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 123 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 356 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 403 views