At 8 weeks out eggs have become my enemy

vacationlover
on 6/28/11 3:45 am
I'm so sad... As soon as I was cleared for them, I started eating an egg almost every morning. Starting week 7, something changed, and now eggs (and mushrooms) make me nausious.  Even the thought of them makes me nausious.  It makes me sad, because it was a yummy easy way to get morning protein.

Hopefully someday I can eat eggs again!

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

George B.
on 6/28/11 3:48 am - Miami, FL
At 2 months post-op I also had problems with eggs and stopped eating them.

At six months post-op I tried eggs again and they were well tolerated. Now I eat eggs 2-3 times a week and they're delicious, well tolerated and full of protein.

Good luck,
George

disabled_nurse
on 6/28/11 3:58 am - Bogalusa, LA
could not eat eggs until about 4 months out..................they sat in my new stomach like a brick, now I eat 2 to 3 a day. I love stuffed eggs with tuna. Just hang in there it gets better!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/28/11 4:24 am
Any kind of eggs I can tolerate except for a hard boiled one- OMG like a brick in my tummy!
KrisJ77
on 6/28/11 6:08 am - TX
I am 5 months out and still cant eat eggs or chicken! I hate it too because I love them!!

May D.
on 6/28/11 11:04 am
I remember the first time I was cleared for solid food, I ate an egg for breakfast and it might as well have been prime rib, it was sooo good!  I've been eating an egg a day since I could eat solid food again, and even though at times they do get boring, I have found ways to prepare them differently that help.   4 months post op, still eating an egg every day!  I hope you'll be able to eat them again, in the meantime, try cottage cheese or ricotta with fruit and maybe a little splenda for sweetness or sugar free maple syrup.  I even took a piece of deli ham rolled over a piece of cheese and fried it in a pan sprayed with Pam until brown on each side and gooey in the middle.  It's not an egg, but it's different and it's protein.  

USAF Wife
on 6/28/11 11:53 am
At 2 years out, scrambled eggs, or omelets sit in my stomach like a brick. They just do not work all that great. I can eat them, but it's not a pleasant experience like poached eggs, or egg salad. Those both work wonderfully. . .
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active