Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Virgo Princess
on 6/30/11 12:40 am - MD
Hello VSG'ers.....I have finally arrived at my goal and can I say I am so much more than excited I can't even find the words.  My starting weight on the date of my surgery (8/5/10) was 269.3lbs.  Today I am 164.8lbs, past my goal :).  I am actually wearing a loose size 8 pant and a small top. I am 5'7 1/2 feet tall and at times I think I look too thin.....Did I just type that?  QQ.  The past year has gone by so quickly I often ask myself where has the time gone.  I have dropped so many clothes sizes I can't even remember if I actually gotten a chance to wear anything in that particular size.  It has been a blast to go on this journey, I have learned  and experienced so many new things, met many new people along the way and look forward to my new life.  I hope that each and everyone of you have as wonderful an experience as I've had with wonderful people to share them with as well.  Good luck to all of you.

P.S. If I'm not able to post the before and after pictures right now I will very soon :)
Bigasiangirl
on 6/30/11 12:44 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with
YAY!!!  Congratulations!!!

Our starting weights are very close.  You are an inspiration!  What was your diet and exercise routine?

R. Darragh
on 6/30/11 12:45 am - TX
Congrats that is so exciting!!! cant wait to see pictures

Kelley D.
on 6/30/11 12:51 am
Congrats!! So exciting! We are almost the same height, I would love to see pics.

Height: 5'8"  Start weight:316 My goal: 190 Surgeons goal:175. reached my goal... 3years out, had some bounce back time to get back on track!

Virgo Princess
on 6/30/11 12:58 am - MD
I think I am the most blessed person in the world because I didn't follow any particular diet or excerise regimen.  I did and do take my vitamins.  I have never ever been a water drinker and to this day I still don't drink enough (don't tell my doctor :).  I do crave cold drinks with flavor so crytal light has become my best friend, the colder the better.  I drank protein shakes the first 2-3 months after surgery and every now and than when I don't feel like eating I might make one and drink it.  Breakfast usually consist of coffee (which I never gave up), soemtimes a hardboiled egg, slice of toast or half a bagel w/cream cheese. Lunch maybe half a grilled cheese, tuna or cold cut sandwich, iced tea.  Dinner sometimes baked chicken leg or 1/3 of the breast, 2-3 pieces of broccoli florets or 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes.  Mind you nothing I eat ot drink is ever measured or thought out fully, I play it by ear and tastebuds on a daily basis and have been since about 3-4 months after surgery.  Please by no means follow behind me I will admit I did everything wrong from the beginning and if my doctor knew half of this she would kill me, like I stated in the beginning I have been blessed, GOD looks out for babies and fools and at the age of 50 I am no baby :)  Exercise and me aren't friends either, I did join a gym and go occassionally but thank goodness it's inexpensive or else i would have cancel membership a long time ago because I really get any use out of it.  I do walk so much more now than before and I love it :)
lrwright09
on 6/30/11 1:06 am - MI
This is such an inspiration to me.  You've given me something to look forward to.  Congrats.

Pre-surgery weight:  285
After pre-surgery diet:  271   
TamSErwin
on 6/30/11 1:30 am - Grand Saline , TX
Congratulations! Being new to all of this, I had my sleeve on May 20th, you have given me something to look forward to! I have lost 30lbs so far, it is a great feeling!
Virgo Princess
on 6/30/11 1:36 am - MD
Welcome to the loser's bench and congratulations to you as well.  I'm so glad that my journey can be of help and inspiration to others....never thought of myself that way before.  Keep up the great work and GOD bless you too :)
Virgo Princess
on 6/30/11 1:37 am - MD
You are going to love the results, trust me :)
TamSErwin
on 6/30/11 1:41 am - Grand Saline , TX
Thank you so much....I am very excited about this journey and meeting lots of new friends on this site that is going through the same thing I am.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 163 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 438 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views