Lump under largest incision?

sleevegirl
on 6/30/11 3:51 am - Austin, TX
I have a golf ball ish size lump under my largest incision at 9 days out. I appeared a few days ago. My follow up appointment is tomorrow. It might be a small hematoma, but I swear it gets bigger every day. Did anyone else have this? How long did it take to go down?

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Valsdetermined2lose
on 6/30/11 3:56 am
First Congrats on your surgery! Hope it's nothing but maybe a hernia, sorry to say but i had the same thing happen to one of mine and it was a hernia that formed in the fat tissue under my incision. It ended up opening after 4 months and had to have it repaired just 3 weeks ago. Keeping you in my prayers that it's nothing. Good luck!
 HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

sleevegirl
on 6/30/11 4:03 am - Austin, TX
Ouch. Well, I figure I'll talk to him about it tomorrow but was just wondering what in the world it could be. I'm still having a lot of trouble with getting out of bed and standing up after a chair, etc. Hmm... thanks! 

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

livingskinny
on 6/30/11 4:03 am - NC
I have a small lump under my incision near my belly button...it appeared after surgery, it was a bit painful to push on, but lately it has not been bothering me.  I thought maybe it was scar tissue..Hopefully you will find out more tomorrow.

CatherineTEACH
on 6/30/11 5:33 am - TX
Oh geeze... I did not see this coming.  I am sorry that you are still in pain and that a lump has now appeared.  I guess you'll see Ganta tomorrow and he better take good care of you!
  GW 150# (fingers crossed!)   

"Success comes before work, only in the dictionary." 
  Vince Lombardi, Green Bay Packers Coach    
cindymomof4
on 6/30/11 7:25 am - Greenwood, IN
I had this, I was freaked out it was a hernia. But mine turned out to be fluid accumulation, which surprised me because it was really hard. The doc says there is a deep stitch holding the muscle together internally, then the skin is closed, leaving a pocket sometimes that fills with fluid as part of the healing process. They said as long as it didn't feel hot and I didn't have a fever it was fine. It didn't go away until about 7 weeks put but didn't cause me any trouble. Hope yours is something easy too!

sleevegirl
on 6/30/11 8:47 am, edited 6/30/11 8:47 am - Austin, TX
Thanks for the reply... we'll know tomorrow late afternoon. I'm REALLY hoping it's nothing because I'm self pay and I'm not sure if my insurance will pick up a repair surgery or not. LOL. If not, oh well, I'll figure it out. But still, please be something simple!!!

It is really hard, but I can also make it poke out if I clutch those muscles. LOL. Oh well. I should stop self diagnosing on Google ;)

shantele7824
on 6/30/11 9:09 am - SAN PABLO, CA
I think I had the same thing and at first I thought it was a hernia but I went to my surgeon and they said it was normal my body is healing and she told me to massage it and it would go away and today I just looked and it is almost gone, it also sinks in which looks and feel crazy.
First Meeting with Surgeon:2/10/2011  weight was 460
Surgery Date:5/03/2011  Weight was 428
Revsion To RNY 06/26/2012 Weight 

sleevegirl
on 6/30/11 9:17 am - Austin, TX
Thanks, although I know it's one of those "ask the doctor" type of questions, it always helps to talk it out, ya know?

And WOW, you are have done amazing... keep up the good work!

ZenBunni
on 6/30/11 6:25 pm - Ashburn, VA
I had the same thing, then one day it just disappeared. Took about 2 weeks for me.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views