home finally in pain

mthompson33
on 7/2/11 8:29 am
 came home juiy1st and i am in the worst pain ever....omg gained 4lbs dont know what to eat...its just i never thought i be in this much pain..
angieb77
on 7/2/11 8:38 am - Blaine, MN
Hang in there the pain gets better.  Follow the diet plan that they gave you.  Most people are on liquids when they first come home from the hospital.  Water, broth, sugar free popiscles, sugar free jello, etc.  If you have any questions don't be afraid to call your surgeon.  Take your pain meds and rest. An ice pack on your belly helps with the swelling.  Gas-x strips helps with all the gas they pumped you full of.  Walk as much as you can.  Even if it is just walking around the house.

HW: 375 SW: 325 CW: 263 GW: 160
Pre-Surgery WL: 50lbs

roundater
on 7/2/11 8:41 am - Lincoln, NE
Definitely let your doc know if the pain keeps up. Walking does help to get back with it. Hopefully sticking to your diet will get the weight off. Let me know if I can help.
Rich Sonderegger

masrawy79
on 7/2/11 8:50 am - CA
i had my sleeve surgery on Tuesday 06/28 and first thing i said when i came out omg what did i do? i could not drink 4oz for 2 days ,now iamb 4 days post surgery and AM already felling mush better believe me it will get better in the 3 or 4 day, just wait and see
1london
on 7/2/11 9:51 am
Hi, I really hope you will feel better soon.  Everything I have read states it gets better each day.
Manage your pain with the meds the Dr. has given and if the pain persist, call your surgeon.
Take care and I am looking forward to reading your future posts, saying you are feeling so much better and are excited about the weight loss and your new beginning.
Hang in there!
sheilapinkney
on 7/3/11 1:38 am - Calgary, Canada
Hi,

I just thought I would introduce myself and tell you I have my surgery on July 27 as well.   31/2 weeks to go.  Yay!

Sheila

Surgery: July 27  Surgery Weight: 245   Current Weight: 137 Total weight lost: 1112lbs
   AT GOAL!  WOOHOO!!!    

1london
on 7/3/11 1:22 pm
Hi Sheila, we will have to keep each other posted on how everything goes!  It is nice to know others will have the same surgery with you on the same day, for some reason that is comforting!
Best wishes on a safe surgery and a speedy recovery!!!
Smardeepants
on 7/2/11 10:33 am
I was just sleeved on monday. It was finally last night before I was starting to feel normal.

The first day or 2 home were agony. I had a really hard time taking fluids (pretty much only crushed ice and popsicles would go down)... if you're nauseated, talk to your surgeon. I got a prescription, and it made all the difference in the world.

I am still on clear liquids... I tried full liquids today, and they sit like concrete in my tummy (and I can't get the rest of my liquids in for the day). *grrrr*

Every day really DOES get better! I'm 5 days out today, and ran errands/grocery shopping with hubby. I haven't taken pain meds since post op day 2 (not by choice, LOL... my bowels were "sleepy" and I could not pass gas... OUCH!) I would say today is the first day I honestly don't miss them. I'm sore, but it's not bad.

The pain you have today... just hang on for today... tomorrow will be better.

MiaZ
on 7/2/11 10:50 am
Keep your chin up!! It does get better... I was sleeved on 6/24 and came home with the worst nausea and vomiting which of course made everything hurt even more!  each day it has gotten much better and I swear days 5 and 6 were magic days for me things really started turning for me on those days!! it's day 8 for me now and I'm doing so so so much better I feel almost normal again.  I sipped clear fluids and ate tons of sugar free popsicles that my daughter chopped into ice chips for me.  I couldn't really tolerate protein until a couple days ago.... just keep sipping it's really important not to get dehydrated and if you can keep it down take the liquid pain medicine on a regular schedule to help control the pain until it starts to lessen.  If you feel like the meds aren't working and the pain gets worse make sure and call your doctor!!

roseselene
on 7/2/11 12:02 pm
It really does get better. I got home on the 30th and that was a hard day for me.  The days at the hospital weren't so pleasant either.  Some people report not having much pain, but then there seems to be a fair number of people who definitely do.  I definitely fit into the catagory of people with pain.  Keep taking your pain meds and try to get some rest and you will fill better.  I was still on clear liquids at the point you are. I only have sampled a few full liquids today and late yesterday, but mostly I am still on clears. i would focus on rest, walking, and trying to meet your minimum fluid goals.
amy
CW: 255 SW: 234 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views