Itchy neck

vacationlover
on 7/7/11 10:48 pm
I'm not sure when this happened, but I know it started after getting my VSG...  The entire front of my neck is itchy (and kind of burny), and has a rash and is starting to feel kind of tough.  I've had this for weeks now.  I've tried using lotion on it, but that doesn't help.

Has anyone else had this?  What caused it?

I guess I should see a doctor about it...

Thanks!
Lisa

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

nutbar21
on 7/8/11 2:28 am - CA
I have that too!  Looks like hamburger.  (Just on my chest.  A cross between a rash and acne.  Feels itchy sometimes, and doesnt hurt much at all.  But TOTALLY obvious!) I asked my surgeon.  He says he's never seen it before.  He thought it may be from the sun.  I asked if any of the new medications were "photosensitive" and he didnt know.   He suggested I meet with my PCP or a dermatologist.  I have an appt this morning with my PCP.  I'll let you know what they say.

roundater
on 7/8/11 3:16 am - Lincoln, NE
I'd check with a dermotologist and let him/her know you have had VSG surgery. Hope this helps.
Rich Sonderegger

nutbar21
on 7/8/11 5:45 am - CA
Okay.  I'm back from the doctor.  She says it's pharmaceutical dermitis.  A reaction from the new medications.  Not sure which one, so I am to stop taking them and take claritin/benedryl until it clears.  She says it should take nor more thatn two weeks.  Then we will try to see which medication is causing the reaction and go from there.   She didnt seem concerned or confused. There was no question to her what it was.  A relief for me! 

Most Active