Is there any one out there who ate every thing after you were cleared for solids??

Arlen Soman
on 7/11/11 4:05 pm, edited 7/11/11 4:06 pm - sugar land, TX
 I had a question, for every one out there who has had the sleeve for a while now. Did any one of you ate every thing you wanted to after you were cleared to eat solids? and still lost weight?( since the portions are much much smaller)
Looking forward to hearing from you :)))))  
ruggie
on 7/11/11 4:21 pm - Sacramento, CA
I think you're dreaming...

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

jengo1971
on 7/11/11 10:00 pm
yep, what she said.  most of us CANNOT eat what we want and continue to lose wt.   initially after surgery you're sleeve is swollen so of course you can only eat a small amt.  ask me how much i can eat now at 7 months out.  let's just say a whole lot more.  good luck.

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
brownblonde
on 7/11/11 4:45 pm
 I think you would be looking for me.  Hi there   

In the beginning, it was hard for me to eat everything.  But I wasn't against it.   At the beginning I did focus more on protein and veggies, for sure.  

Since about 6-8 months I pretty much eat everything.  Today, I eat everything.  Seriously, everything.  What works for me is not dieting.  Dieting makes me want to eat more.  I decided from the outset that this wouldn't be a diet.  This week?  I've eaten twizzlers, bar nuts, tacos, fried chicken, barbecue, beer.  And I'm still hoping for a weightloss.  The proof is in the pudding...and who can say a year from now?  But right now my strategy is to eat like a normal person.  Knowing that I'm not dieting makes it easy for me to say no unless I really want it.  And I'm being careful to maintain my sleeve.  All I can say is that it's possible to eat a wide array of foods and have lost 120lbs.  It does take some self-discipline, though, I'll warn you.

xxkrazytracy64
on 7/11/11 8:03 pm
hiya arlen, well its been easy for me to eat what ever i want and either loss weight or maintain, true you eat much smaller meals but make sure its not every 2 hrs, space out your eating, enjoy everything you want, dont diet, it will drive you loco, i eat lots of carbs........ICE CREAM-DAILY but only 1 scoop on a cone, doritos, cereal with 2% milk, ECT......but also eat protein first, this is my 2 cents, good luck, dont stress the small stuff, ENJOY FOOD.....tracy.
e/diet/dietticker/dietticker.php" ticker/dietticker.php" e>>dge/dietticker/dietticker.php" >edge/dietticker/dietticker.php" >Weight Loss Ticker

roundater
on 7/11/11 8:36 pm - Lincoln, NE
Yep - have pretty much eaten what I what and what I can tolerate from about day 7. Just have to really watch the protein carbs and calories to make sure I get in what is needed to keep the weight coming off. I usually shoot for 100 grams of protein 40 grams of carbs and 600-800 calories. Increased physical activity has helped too. Hope this helps and let me know if I can help further.

Rich Sonderegger

MrsClaus09
on 7/11/11 9:07 pm
Me.  I refuse to deprive myself of anything!  Don't get me wrong though...the pounds don't magically fall off.  I still have to be very aware of the things I'm eating and still have to exercise every day!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Lori B.
on 7/11/11 9:41 pm
I eat what I want. I did not want to feel deprived because that will set me off to binge and to possibly eat around my sleeve. I am mindful of protein first, then veggies. I am making changes slowly, one goal at a time. I definitely notice wanting healthier stuff so that is wonderful. Instead of 3 meals a day I eat several small meals and snack only on cheese and veggies. Once in a while I'll have popcorn or chips but that is not often at all. Maybe once every couple of months.

I notice exercise is helping me keep things in check like my anxiety which would cause me to eat. It also allows me to feel no guilt when I do indulge on something fried or like pizza. I wont eat that stuff if I have not worked out.

~Lori
~Lori

HW 286.5   GW 155   CW 153
Cristina S.
on 7/11/11 9:56 pm - New Britain, CT
AHhh! I don't want to see these answers... lol.  I always feel guilty when I eat bad stuff anyway so I am hoping once I get my sleeve that will help deter me atleast in the beginning.
Still Fawn
on 7/11/11 10:25 pm, edited 7/11/11 11:50 pm - SIERRA MADRE, CA
I did, and I still do. I do not, however, seem to be the norm. Lol

ETA: I want to be clear so there is no muddy waters. With me, everything means everything. I eat either potatoes, pasta, or rice EVERY day, probably at least twice a day. I eat ice cream or water ice often.. I eat chips all the time.. I eat whatever I am in the mood for. At meals I drink.. I drink alcohol.. I also do what most sleevers would think is bad.. I portion my meal on my plate. This is what I intend to eat- it will be veggie, meat, starch.. I will eat it all, even if it takes me three hours.. Most would consider this grazing. I consider it what works for me..

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views