swallowing pills

becca2297
on 7/17/11 4:26 pm
When were you able to start swallowing pills again without crushing them.  I just broke one in half and it feels stuck now.  I am 3 weeks post op today.  I was told that if it was no larger than a tic tac then it was ok to swallow whole.  The half I took was just a tad bit larger than a tic tac.  Any suggestions?  I am feeling very uncomfortable right now........Is there anything I can do to get rid of this "stuck" feeling??

Consult weight =312    SW=299    CW=233   GW=160
I am 5'7"   Lost 13  of these lbs on the 2 week liquid diet.
newmeki
on 7/17/11 6:21 pm - Saudi Arabia
Becca,
Many of us were able to take pills even immediately after surgery. Most physicians ask us to wait a bit or to only take the smaller tablets and to dissolve or cut the others. I have been taking my meds orally for awhile but I did wait until after 3-4 months before taking larger pills.  The'stuck' feeling should pass but maybe dissolving the pills or cutting it in three's may work for awhile. That is for this week, next week it could go down smoothly. The restriction changes over time and sometimes in a matter of days. Sometimes I feel more restriction that other times, though I am now 7 months out. Just take it easy on yourself but if you are really concerned of course speak to your physician.

HW 213, SW 187, GW 125 VSG 11/19/2010 BS 32 

Susan0714
on 7/17/11 8:58 pm - Kenner, LA
My doctor asked me to wait 3 months before swallowing pills. I do have to take iron and b complex pills and those are very small, and when I crushed them I lost most the powder, so those I do swallow whole, but by Urso I do crush..

I did try breaking them in half before and they went down okay..

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Asecondchanceatlife
on 7/17/11 10:28 pm
News I can use. I am awaiting my surgery. I hope things get better for  you.
Most Active