1 1/2 months out and back on clear liquids?!?! ARGH

hmd77
on 7/21/11 1:29 am, edited 7/21/11 1:32 am - KY
It started with some pressure in my stomach area (right below the rib cage). I thought it was gas and took my lil Gas-X strips. No relief. Then it turned into the worst nausea ever. Mind you, I am 1 and 1/2 months out, so I haven't had nausea in a while. I didn't eat anything out of the norm either. So, the next day I have nausea when I drink water... when I woke up... when I do anything... I called my Dr. I was told to go back on clear liquids for 48 hours, take Zofran and call back.

Hmmm can't say that I am super happy about that advice. Has anyone else had this happen? Any idea why it would happen?

What was I eating?
Shake for breakfast
Soup (broth) / slice of cheese for lunch
 - Sometimes mashed potatoes or baked potato
Shake for dinner
 - Sometimes tuna/mayo or soup

I haven't moved into dense proteins yet. FYI.

Thanks!!!

Surgery Date  6/6/2011
Bluegrass Bariatrics
Dr. John Oldham
Add me on FB -  http://www.facebook.com/heavenly12b

USAF Wife
on 7/21/11 1:49 am, edited 7/21/11 1:50 am
I developed lactose intolerance, and I had nausea and gas before the explosive diarrhea started.

As much as the clear liquids, and bland diet is, once you start adding foods back in, see if you can isolate what might have triggered it. I couldn't eat potatoes, or cream of potato soup, sometimes it's not the density, or consistency of food that can **** off our stomachs, it's the ingredients, fat content, or carbs that can really throw things off.

Hope you feel better soon.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

hmd77
on 7/21/11 5:50 am - KY
I will be extra careful when I try food again tomorrow. Maybe I will catch the trigger; like you said!

Thanks!

Surgery Date  6/6/2011
Bluegrass Bariatrics
Dr. John Oldham
Add me on FB -  http://www.facebook.com/heavenly12b

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views