2-day anesthesia headache?

koshermama
on 7/21/11 7:52 am
I had my endoscopy on Tuesday, and yesterday and today I have been fighting a monster headache. Often when I get headaches I tend to ignore them until it hurts to think and I have to take 4 of something and go to bed for the rest of the day :(

Granted it could be cycle related, but could it take this long for the anesthesia to leave my system? Yes, I've been drinking... I slept most of today already, and took 1000 mg of extra strength Tylenol this morning and an hour ago, and it just won't go away

HW 310, SW 307, CW 259, LW 7.5, Goal 150

Shalom aleichem! Join us...  Keeping Kosher After WLS    
Ms. Poker Face
on 7/21/11 8:26 am
 Well, that's frustrating!  I'm not sure if its related to anesthesia or not.  Have you recently changed your diet?  Dropped carbs?  Dropped caffiene?  Dropped carbonated beverages?

Those can affect it.  

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Heleena33
on 7/21/11 9:02 am - Custer, WA
Had you cut out sugar too?
Withdrawal from caffine, sugar, sodas, all can call sever headaches some up to 5 days!

JULY 11, 2011 MY New Live Began    HW 295   SURG WT 266   GOAL 145
My ticker represents lbs lost from time of surgery .....after liquid IV's were gone!      

Jan G.
on 7/21/11 9:17 am - WI
Do you know what meds they used ? Usually its Versed and Fetanyl and both are SHORT acting so out of your system right away.

If its THAT bad I'd call your MD, but will probably want to Rx you something. Also are you drinking LOTS of water? I find when I am toxic and it just has to work itself out of my system (like being exposed to cig smoke gives me a migraine immediately),so I drink LOTS of water and it seems to help flush out of my system. Also sometimes the liver is not detoxifying well enough.

CALL your doctor hon~ and man I hope it clears up real soon!!

Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

koshermama
on 7/21/11 10:35 am
Thanks ladies... nothing in mjy diet has changed significantly, and I don't htink I'm dehydrated because I had an IV for the endoscopy, although I ended up fasting for 15 hours beore it :(

I'm going to bed now, and calling the dr tomorrow if I still have it :(

HW 310, SW 307, CW 259, LW 7.5, Goal 150

Shalom aleichem! Join us...  Keeping Kosher After WLS    
Chana
on 7/21/11 12:16 pm
Feel better!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 289 views