almost 2 weeks out and a question

Nancy K.
on 7/22/11 1:04 am - Waterford, CT
Hi everyone!
Hope all is well! I am almost 2 weeks out and still on a clear liquid diet and will be until I see the doctor next Tuesday (oh yes I do get 2oz. of glucerna or Isopure at meal time). Anyway I feel as though my brain is scrambled (can't remember a thing), and in general feel cruddy.

I am wondering if anyone else went through 2 weeks of clear liquids and if what I am feeling is not unusual. I know it will all be worth it in the end and with all the dizziness and lack of nutrition I have managed to lose 20 lbs.. I just want a salad!!

Thanks in advance!
Nancy

Banded August 1, 2006, Revision to Sleeve July 11, 2011

Laurie M.
on 7/22/11 1:23 am - KS
If you are feeling lightheaded and forget you might want to see if you can up your potassium

emelar
on 7/22/11 1:24 am - TX
Yup, my brain felt like fuzz until I started soft foods (my diet was full liquids to softs).  Then the fog lifted and I could focus again.
Nancy K.
on 7/22/11 2:05 am - Waterford, CT
Thanks for the Potassium suggestion. If I remember correctly, when I was in the hospital my potassium level was low and they gave me a shot.

Also glad to know I am not alone in the foggy head syndrome! I wil go to soft foods if the doc feels I am ready when i see him on Tuesday. (Pray he thinks I'm ready!)

Thanks so much for replying!

Kim_M
on 7/22/11 2:30 am - LaPorte, TX
Hate to tell you this but I just now can eat a salad.And I find I can eat alot of it so I dont have to often!!!See if you can also up your protein level.Hang in there it gets better!!

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
HockeyChuck28
on 7/22/11 5:08 am - Vancouver, WA

Hi Nancy,

I am one day behind you, my brain feels fuzzy but I think It is beacuse I am struggling to get in all my liquids. I am on full liquids. I believe this is normalfor some people. I am concentrating on getting all my fliuds. I felt better 2 days ago, but may have done too much yesterday and I am dragging today.
Good Luck and I believe it will get better. Have you started you vitamins yet?

Cheers,

Chuck

Nancy K.
on 7/22/11 5:35 am - Waterford, CT
Chuck,
I have been taking a multi-vitamin with iron twice a day and Calcium twice a day since I have been home. I get so tired after doing the smallest tasks, I have to be slow in getting up or I am dizzy, and I am so out of breath. It's probably because I have been either sitting around so much as I recover (although I do walk around the house). I also have type 1 diabetes and I think it contributes to my body not liking this clear liquid diet.  I can honestly say that between broth, water, popcicles and decaf tea, I am getting in my fluids (only required to get 32oz. a day plus the 2 oz of Glucerna or Pure Protein drink at meal times).

Well I know this will get better for both of us! I am actually slightly hungry during the parts of the day and I wasn't up until yesterday. Have a great weight loss journey and keep in touch.

Regards,
Nancy

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views