OT - Party tonight, not sure if I'm invited

cabcab
on 7/23/11 6:51 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
Today I got on my cell phone and found a text message that was sent yesterday.  It was from a friend sending out a multiple recipient text saying, "Hey Guys, it's Cassie.  I plan on going to Hannah's party tomorrow night but I'm not going to drink.  I can be DD if anyone needs it."  (Hannah is a girl who's getting married next month out of state.)  Anyway, this is the first I've heard about this party, which is tonight.

The part of me that wants to have a pity party is thinking, "Wow, I wasn't invited.  Nobody likes me anymore now that I'm getting thin..."  I was thinking of texting Cassie back, "Thanks for the offer, but I wasnt invited."  But then I realized that maybe I was invited.  It's an informal group, they could have just sent me a text or email that I didn't get.  Or maybe one person thought someone else was going to tell me about it or something.  I mean Cassie either was told I was invited or assumes I was invited.  How do I go about finding out?  I don't want to be a party crasher if I wasn't invited, but then I don't want to not show up if I was invited.  But I don't want it to look like I'm looking for an invite either.

What should I do???
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

Paige V.
on 7/23/11 6:55 am - Gainesville, FL
call Hannah to chit chat and see if it comes up
cabcab
on 7/23/11 7:07 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
That's a good suggestion, but I would feel too much like I was trying to get invited.  We're good work friends and do stuff with work people, but we aren't the types to call each other on the phone.

Tomorrow I'm going out to lunch with three or more people who could very well be going to this same party tonight.  I tried to call my best friend in the group and I was just going to ask her straight out, but her phone went straight to voice mail.

anewsweetjessa
on 7/23/11 7:04 am - IA
I was going to say the same thing Paige said Communication
is very important for all and any relationships
cabcab
on 7/23/11 7:29 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
Problem solved.  Turns out this was just thrown together yesterday and not very organized.  Thanks to those *****sponded!

dlouthian
on 7/23/11 7:37 am - PA
Have lots of fun
Jennchap
on 7/23/11 9:10 am - CA
Perfect, my friends are the same way… so we have to be able to be like "what the **** girl… wheres the party?!?!" hahaa Have a blast for all us losers sitting at home! haha
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views