Starting 2 Week Pre-op Diet

SunnyinSD
on 7/25/11 12:23 am - San Diego, CA
I've never been so excited to start in my life!!!  In all honesty, I've really been doing the 2 weeks liquid diet for the past 2 weeks, so it will end up being a 4 week diet.  Hey, I told you I was excited to start the diet!  My surgeon normally asks that you do Bariatric Advantage but I got clearance to do HMR instead because I'm familiar with it.  I've already lost over 10 lbs in the last 2 weeks, so I'm hoping to lose another 5-7 in the next 2 weeks.  The only difference now is that I have to be very strict.  The last 2 weeks, I allowed myself a cheat here and there (i.e. a spponful of frozen yogurt, some BBQ salmon and pork, corn on the cob, etc.).  I never went overboard and I'm sure that I was always under 1,200 calories but now I have to be extra careful.  I even went our for a last "hurrah" on Friday night after Comic-Con here in San Diego that included a bit more drinking than I had planned (now I'm paying for it with an extra 3 pounds).  But it should be gone soon.  I am SO excited to start the next phase in my life!!!!

I'm a 5'9", 33 year old mother of 2 living in Sunny San Diego  
Starting Weight: 273  Surgery Weight: 235  Goal Weight: 140   Surgery Date: 08/08/11

smiles24
on 7/25/11 12:26 am - MI
Wow!  I admire your conviction and dedication!!  Keep up the great work! 
Sheryl
HW:  273   SW: 238   CW:  164  GW:  150  

Mikilein
on 7/25/11 12:34 am - Brampton, Canada
 Hi, 

so, how do you do your liquid diet???? I m going to plan my surgery for september and are happy about any help. 

Mikilein
SunnyinSD
on 7/25/11 12:40 am - San Diego, CA
I'm following the HMR diet, whi*****ludes at least 5 HMR protein shakes per day.  They also have protein bars and packaged entrees.  I stick with 5 shakes per day, 1 entree for dinner and the occasional protein bar (like maybe one every thrid day when I'm craving something).  I also make sure to drink all of my water - 64 oz at bare minimum on top of the shakes.  If I don't drink all the water, I get hungry and have horrible cravings, but if I do drink all of it I'm rarely hungry.  The water for me is the biggest key to being successful.

I'm a 5'9", 33 year old mother of 2 living in Sunny San Diego  
Starting Weight: 273  Surgery Weight: 235  Goal Weight: 140   Surgery Date: 08/08/11

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 141 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 411 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 436 views