Streach!

Richard M.
on 7/24/11 11:55 pm - OH
Ok! My understanding is that after the swelling gose's down my stomach will be 2 to 4 ounces depending what bogie the surgen uses, and that will be it. Now I am hearing from my nut that a year to year and half out I will be eating 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food.
 So my qustion how maney of you have had you restriction incress 1 to 1 1/2 years out. Or is truly what you have after surgey is what you get?

(deactivated member)
on 7/25/11 1:27 am
I had a 32F bougie used and by a surgeon who makes really tight stomachs and I am two years out.  I can easily eat 1-1.5 cups of food if it is not solid protein.  I can eat a "normal" size portion without any problem at all.  I can easily eat an entire sausage but no sides for example, or a cup and a half of chili or cottage cheese.  This is why the first year is so important in weight-loss and why it gets harder to lose the further out you get.  Don't get me wrong, it is not impossible, it is just harder. 
Richard M.
on 7/25/11 1:46 am - OH
Thanks! So some thing like a micro wave W.W. or lean Cuisne would be do able? That helps alot. I do have a little hearing lose and do not always catch things.  

DragonGirl
on 7/25/11 2:02 am - MN
Richard,
The amount you'll be able to eat will increase slowly over time. Protein first and veggies if you have room.
Be careful of the Lean Cuisine and Weigh****chers pre-packaged dinners. You'd be surprised at how much sodium and carbs they contain! Healthy non-processed foods work the best!

Good luck on your journey!
Heidi
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Richard M.
on 7/25/11 2:33 am - OH
Thanks! Mostly I thinking about the portion or just volume of food. You know like a serving of meat 3 ounces = a deck of cards. I am a visul person.

thisbe777
on 7/25/11 8:45 am
i had to become a "food scale person" -- it's too easy for me to over-guestimate portion sizes....

i'm almost 2 years out and i can't do more than 2-2.5 oz of dense protein at one time...  softer stuff i can do about 1/2 - 3/4 cup...  though my doc still says to keep it to 1/4-1/3 cup....

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

Richard M.
on 7/25/11 10:15 am - OH
Thanks! it seems everyone is different. I was under the impresion it would be like 1/4 to 1/3 cup for ever and ever.
  I weigh most things I eat, but it drives my wife nut When I cook I use my hands for seasoning and    just pour liquids and spoon up a portion. After 42 years she has stopped checking and just wants to knowhow I do that. Ihave know idea except thats the way Mom and Grandma did it. When I serve myself my eyes get big and need to measure and weight.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 212 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 295 views