No longer afraid of mirrors

cabcab
on 7/25/11 7:20 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
Today at work I went to the bathroom and then was washing my hands.  I was just staring at myself in the mirror thinking WOW!!  I am starting to look like what I "imagined" myself looking like.  I lived in such denial before.  I avoided mirrors or any reflective surface, such as windows, like the plague.  I never looked at my whole self.  Just little parts of it at a time.  A tiny mirror to put on make-up and do my hair.  Clothes bought from a catalog so I wouldn't have to look at dressing room mirrors.  Now when I'm walking into a store I look in the reflective mirrors and am kind of in amazement of the person looking back at me.

I love my sleeve - and I'm starting to love MIRRORS!!
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

bersjourney
on 7/25/11 7:46 am
Congratulations on all that weight loss, you look great! WTG on defeating that mirror too! 
wert
on 7/25/11 7:54 am - MN
I'm so glad you posted this. I just got back from my NUT. She asked my something I've been thinking about lately. She wondered how my body image is now. I told her I really don't know what I look like anymore. She nodded and said it can take up to a year after weight loss stabilizes to come to terms with the new you. 

She suggested a couple of things to do. Just for fun, find a big sheet of paper and someone you feel comfortable being silly with. Lay down on the paper and have them trace your new shape. It helps to see what you look like now. Or, just lay your clothes out on a bed or table and look, really look, at them. See how small your clothes are now. That's how small you are, too.

Like you, I'm always trying to catch a glimpse of my reflection. I'm trying to understand what I look like now.

Thanks for the post. I think it's important. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

foodlover
on 7/25/11 9:11 am
awesome~!
Lisa D.
on 7/25/11 10:56 am - New Orleans, LA
I know exactly what you are talking about!  I caught a glimpse of myself in a storefront and had to look again.  I think that I am going to buy a full length mirror this weekend.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views