1st year surgiversary!!

PokerSushi
on 7/26/11 9:45 pm - Canada

I know I'm not the only surgiversary today so congrats to everyone!

I can't believe it's been a year - this is one of those that feels like it was yesterday and also that it was a million years ago.

The VSG was the best decision for me.  It was the right surgery for me - and thanks to my friends and family it was a very easy experience. 

I was around 250 lbs at surgery (down from 270) and hit my goal at 9 months - 145 lbs.  The last 3 months I've bounced between 145 and 140lbs.  Sometimes I see 139...

I can't eat a huge amount but for sure if I allowed myself I could tuck into treats like chocolates or ice cream so I still keep a strict eye on those foods.  They are problems for me, so I just avoid them 99% of the time.  I still can't really eat breads or muffins or things, they make Ruby (my Ruby Tubey tummy) complain a lot so I avoid those too.

And exercise - I'm so grateful I can exercise.  I just signed up for a 10 km race.  I cannot believe that one year from weighing 250 lbs I can run 10 km.  It's just...crazy.

Anyway, I have photos on my page thingy if you want to see the progression.  Congratulations to everyone making this decision.  The surgery does some of the work for you but it really is up to you to decide to change your life.  That chance was such a gift for me.

dec721
on 7/26/11 10:52 pm - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Heartiest congratulations!  You have done an amazing thing for yourself. 

And yes, continue to stay away from the garbage foods.  They will do a number on your insulin levels or something and cause you to crave more of the same.  I keep telling y'all that they are the reason I've put back on the 20 pounds I now can't seem to shift.  

Keep up the good work!  You have changed your life!!
--Dorothy 

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Candy S.
on 7/26/11 11:31 pm - Elgin, SC
What an amazing transformation.  I'm so excited for you.  I am 8 days away from my one year and, like you, I can't believe what a difference a year makes.  I'm down 117 lbs.  I'm so happy for you.  Keep on keeping on!
Height: 5'3" | HW: 262 | SW: 237 | CW: 130 | GW: 135

Ohcam
on 7/26/11 11:35 pm
Congrats ladies on your 1 year anniversary! You both look amazing!
 HW: 332  PrOW: 285 SW:266  CW:149 GW:140  5'3" 27
   LilySlim Weight loss tickers
VeraG
on 7/26/11 11:42 pm - Bonner Springs, KS
HAPPY SURGIVERSARY!!!!!!!!

Living until I die!

kwebb12627
on 7/27/11 1:01 am - Naples, FL
Happy Surgiversary!!
wls2011
on 7/27/11 1:08 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 Wow, you are so tiny now! Congrats and Happy Surgiversary! It's awesome the active lifestyle you are enjoying now....    

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

grafiminou
on 7/27/11 12:06 pm - montreal, Canada
Dear PokerSushi,

You are my hero and my inspiration and I am so proud of your accomplishments and especially of how you've changed your life.

Congratulations and good continuation!

Monica

PokerSushi
on 7/27/11 9:32 pm - Canada

Thanks everyone, and Monica you're pretty amazing yourself there girlie girl.

Just think, soon it will be you!!!!

Most Active