Nectar powders - question

Ms. Poker Face
on 7/28/11 12:16 am
I tried my samples of Nectar powders and found one I like!  I ordered a tub of it... but I'm confused about the serving size.  I'd like to have one scoop, but it doesn't say how large a scoop is and they didn't provide a scoop in the package.  I'm thinking maybe one scoop equals 1/2 cup?

Anyone know??

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

michellemj
on 7/28/11 12:22 am
A serving is ~27g. So way way less than 1/2 cup, maybe closer to a 1/4 cup?

Do you have a scoop from another protein powder? I've found that they are all about the same.

HW: 280; SW: 255; GW1: 150; CW: 155.

colelea613
on 7/28/11 12:24 am - LA
Which flavor did you like?  I tried the Caribbean cooler..kind  of icky?!
    Cole

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 4:14 am - CA
Caribbean Cooler tasted like ASS! Ughghghghghgh! I totally agree since so far all of the other ones I have tasted were pretty darn good. I actually like their vanilla one better than any I've tried so far and I looooved the sample of Matrix Bananas and Creme (I guess it's the same company?) that they put in the sample pack.
Ms. Poker Face
on 7/28/11 12:31 am
Unfortunately I don't have a scoop from another powder.  This is my first tub purchase!

I really wanted to like the Caribbean Cooler, because I love pineapple and coconut.  But the whey taste was too much for me in that one.  I bought the Crystal Sky.  I also like Kiwi Strawberry and may buy a tub of that.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 2:35 am
I like Strawberry Kiwi, Fuzzy Navel, Roadside Lemonade...the apple one is not bad but you have to want it to like it, Twisted Cherry is also pretty good to me.  Liked Crystal Sky too.

Hated peach, caribbean cooler and fruit punch so far.
Birdie55
on 7/28/11 12:50 am
Try digging down in the container with a long spoon.  I found a scoop at the bottom in one container.  
That said, I just measured my scoop.  It was more than 1/3 cup, but less than 1/2.  So, for the 100 calories that I mix in 8 oz of water I would use a rounded 1/3 cup and add to taste.  Sorry I couldn't be more accurate.  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

No More Spanx
on 7/28/11 1:16 am - Rock Island, IL

Hey SS...dig down and around with a spoon.  I found my scoop at the very bottom of the tub.  I love my nectar protein.  I mix the cappacino with 8oz of warmish water and then pour it slowly into my coffee.  Protein with a kick!!

Ann

HT: 5'3"    HW: 235   Starting  BMI: 41.6     CW: 128  Current     BMI: 22.6                    

anninva
on 7/28/11 1:23 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
i agree -- check for scoop; my cappucino had one.  if you get unjury (chicken soup is good) that will definitely have a scoop.  good luck!!!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 2:33 am
 Dig around in the tub (middle to bottom), there'll be a scoop in there.  If not see if you can find a gram to cup conversion online.
Most Active