Surgery on Friday!!!! OMG!!!!!!

dreamingthin1
on 7/27/11 11:37 am - miami, FL
I am sooooo nervous.  I have been waiting for this moment and now it is hear.  My biggest fear is that I come out alright and that the pain is tolerable.  I am a little nervous, however, I do believe in the power of prayer.  I got the prayer part on Sunday in Church.  I wonder if they can give me something for anxiety?  Please keep me in your thoughts and your prayers in my journey to find the old sexy wife and mother I use to be.

BethR311
on 7/27/11 11:50 am - Fort Wayne, IN
Hugs, dear.  You'd be insane if you weren't nervous.  Have you had surgery before?  I've had several.  You will wake up in recovery with a pain pump, a wondrous machine that lets you control your pain med but doesn't let you overmedicate yourself.  That little button you push for the pain med is your friend!  Click it every time you see a nurse.  That way your pain won't get away from you.  You may have some discomfort but you'll be fine.

The last big surgery I had was an open hysterectomy and I was so nervous I asked the OR staff to pray with me!  Not being a Christian I was embarrassed but they were very nice about it.  I came through fine and you will too. 

Please come back when you can and let us know how you're doing! 

Be well!

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
raye1976
on 7/27/11 1:03 pm
dreamingthin1
on 7/27/11 10:35 pm - miami, FL
Thank you for the words of encoragement.  I hope to post to you all real soon.  Keep me and the others who are about to begin their journey in your prayers.
Asecondchanceatlife
on 7/27/11 12:34 pm
Here's a quote for you: I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. May you find peace to get you through it. Take care.
dreamingthin1
on 7/27/11 10:34 pm - miami, FL
That was beautiful and inspiring.  I really needed that.  Thank you.
fysicsgrl
on 7/27/11 3:24 pm
I have surgery on Friday too!    I'm soooo excited!  Here's to us find new us's

dreamingthin1
on 7/27/11 10:33 pm - miami, FL
Thank you and good luck!!

Jazmynn326
on 7/28/11 1:09 am
I have surgery tomorrow and I am also soooo nervous!!!! This what I've been wanting & now that it's here I'm very nervous.  Good luck to you other July 29th sleevers!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 315 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views