dh & plastics - whats up with this?

skylark2011
on 7/28/11 12:30 am
Not sure how to feel about this, or if I should feel anything about it, but i asked my husband a question: Could I get plastic surgery after the weight loss, if I needed it. He was very disapproving and discouraging and doesnt agree with it, but said he would support my decision.

Now Im not saying that I will need it, but im a big curvy girl, so I expect some loose skin. I am about 7 weeks out, with about 43 pounds gone. Needless to say there's some squishy action starting to occur. I plan to start weight lifting in August, which I heard really helps, but again, I am a big girl. I tried to be reassuring and clarify that I dont want anything extra put in but if theres extra skin after all of my efforts, I may have it removed, and if the twins are deflated, I would like them lifted. The twins have always been my friends lol!

His vibe was still pretty negative, almost confrontational, but he did say he would support whatever I did, though he didnt agree. Its pretty far down the road, but I felt like I was getting mixed messages. Its nothing to argue over, and I know in the end Im going to do what would be best for me. But I don't get it!
stacezoe
on 7/28/11 12:32 am
My husband is all for it as long as I get boobs! LOL I am the one fat chick on earth with tiny boobies! LOL
 Inspiration move me brightly...Grateful Dead Terapin Station
  HW 286 SW 279 CW 231 40y/o 5'10  Month 1-17, 2-7#, 3- 7#, 4-3#,5-3#      
skylark2011
on 7/28/11 12:43 am
 I hope the twins stay!! LOL
julyxo84
on 7/28/11 12:35 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
 I'm sure once you lose more weight and he can see how all that loose skin makes you feel, I'm sure he'll change his mind.
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

Dawnie 88
on 7/28/11 12:47 am
sounds to me like he may be having the feeling of...'i love you how you are..so who are you trying to impress'..I don't think men really understand how much doing things like this really help us..and our self-esteem..that we aren't wanting these things for the sake of others.  He may be one who will need much reinforcement on how much you love him as you go through all these changes. 

Valerie K.
on 7/28/11 1:16 am - Dearborn, MI
 My husband is all for it. But he said he still loves me with all my tummy rolls. I did not think of a tummy tuck till about month 9 when all i can see is my skin hanging there looking like a tire around my waste and I have to get jeans 2 sizes bigger because of my stomach area. I hate it. 

I get infections all the time and i am sick of them. So I will be getting a tummy tuck as for my arms and boobs if I won the lotto I will do them to lol.
My surgeon gave me the tool. Now it is up to me to use it right.

skylark2011
on 7/28/11 1:43 am
 Thank you ladies! You all make good points.  It may be that he finds it hard to believe that I simply would want to do it for me.  Wont know until two years or more from now anyway! No rush, Im still enjoying this part of the ride.  but i was surprised by the intensity of his reaction.
Danae T.
on 7/28/11 1:44 am
My husband is afraid I will attract too much attention from other men and leave him if I get to looking too good and feeling I could do better. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Danae T    
SassyItalian
on 7/28/11 1:45 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
alot of times the husband can feel a bit scared when the wife is losing weight, and then on top of it thinking you are going to get plastic surgery and look even more appealing (and to whom?)..

i know marriage is a partnership but this journey is yours and you will decide what you need for you in the future. if something displeases you and you have the finances to fix it in the future more power to you. you do what is right for you! you, you, you. sometimes we have to put ourselves first.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/11 1:54 am
I agree with Julyxo84, I bet by the time you get to goal he'll be more ok with it as he will see the full impact of losing weight on your body.

Many people who have never been through the gain/loss and have never experienced the loose skin can't understand till they really see it! I still have friends telling me, oh- just exercise and it'll snap back.. uh, nope. Been down this road before, at least I know what's ahead of me and am kinda prepared this time.. and plastics for at the very least my arms will be in the picture.. the rest if $$$ allows as clothes will hide much of it.. I will need the whole package, whether I can afford to get it, or be willing to deal with the pain is another thing! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 477 views