So I'm back on the losing streak!!!

MARTINQ
on 7/31/11 11:30 am - RIVERDALE, GA
So after week three going into week four I've been losing everyday sometimes a pound a day or a few ounces...I'll take it! Here is what I eat and notice helps me to loose daily.

(Im in the mushy food stage week four Post op)

Claussens sandwich sliced pickles...6 a day (carbs 1 for every two slices, calories 5 for every 2 slices and no protein)

Eggs (3 to four scrambled in olive oil spray)
Salsa on eggs  ( 1tbl spoon)
cheese stick (6 grams of proteins, 1gram of carbs, 80 calories)
half a handful of spinach chopped that i put in my eggs

Can of tuna (26 grams of proteins, o carbs, 120 calories) or
Sardines with hotsauce(26 grams of protein)

1 EAS myoplex 17oz  chocolate fudge protein shake (300 calories, 42 grams of protein, 19 carbs) this is my LIFE SAVER!!!
Elaine2
on 7/31/11 11:40 am, edited 7/31/11 11:42 am - Atlanta, GA
It looks like you're doing terrific IMHO.-----particularly at 3-4 weeks out.
Lots of protein....I can only add that I hope you're getting all of your fluids.

I still do a morning protein shake...makes me feel good, enjoy the taste and it settles my stomach...reflux.

Stay focused and good luck!

Edited to add---you have courage---pickle juice and hot sauce!!!

MARTINQ
on 7/31/11 11:52 am - RIVERDALE, GA
I forgot to add that I get close to 64oz of fluids and pickle juice and hotsauce is the only way I can get the food in my tastebuds love that stuff now after the surgery !!! (vinegar) My stomach loves it too! lol
IrishColleen
on 7/31/11 12:02 pm - Owosso, MI
 I take it you eat the eggs throughout the day??!!??  I can't imagine eating 3-4 eggs at one time!  LOL.   Great idea on adding the spinach!!

Yummm   pickles, I can't wait til I'm cleared for pickles. I keep seeing the jar in my fridge and tell myself nope not yet.  Gonna have to find a way to get a simulated peanut butter and dill pickle sandwich.   Any ideas??  Can't picture it blended but maybe  ....

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity and fear but a spirit of power and love and self discipline."  2 Tim. 1:7     So with HIS power, love and self-discipline - I WILL DO THIS!
HW:250 SW: 232 CW: 164  GW: 150 
Elaine2
on 7/31/11 12:10 pm - Atlanta, GA
Colleen
Can't help you with the pickles but try some PB2 in a chocolate shake.
Powdered peanut butter---great for flavoring.  Some folks like it reconstituted but I didn't like the flavor.

http://www.netrition.com/bell_plantation_pb2.html
MARTINQ
on 7/31/11 12:11 pm - RIVERDALE, GA
None of the food i mentioned is blended. I eat the really soft parts (insides) of the pickles which are very thinnly sliced because they are sandwhich sliced pickles. And yes I eat the eggs throughout the day...they really do help with keeping me full for a long period of time!
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 235 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 308 views