OMG I feel sooooo amazing....

Dolphinsrayne
on 8/1/11 7:37 am - MI

Today I had my 6 week check-up and it went very well. Dr. Kemmeter was very pleased with my progress and said that I am heading in the right direction. The nurse proudly announced to me that I had lost 48 pounds (my scale says Ive lost 51.5) blah blah blah. Kemmeter says I shouldnt even be looking at the scale but I should be paying attention to how my clothes are fitting. Are you serious??? I am on the most amazing journey of my life and he wants me to forget about the scale?? Hes probably right, its just easier to measure progress that way then it is in your clothes but he is right that it isnt a true success. He said the true success is in watching numbers go down like sugar numbers, blood pressure (110/70) today just for the record. The purpose of this is to become a healthier me, not a skinnier me...apparently the skinnier part is just a bonus of the trip!!! He actually gave me an entire new outlook on my life after our conversation today. Kemmeter told me today that this journey is about to get alot of fun.....and he is so right. The energy I feel today will be nothing compared to what is yet to come. I am only 6 weeks out and I feel amazing. The first few weeks were hard...very hard almost to the point of wondering how I was ever going to adjust to this lifestyle, I was sick everytime I ate if she let me eat at all but it was all just part of the learning curve, part of the process of understanding what I can eat, how fast I can eat it and how much I can eat. "Sally" and I are friends now and we understand each other. Sometimes she still has a little fit to let me know who is really in charge but I probably need that friendly reminder. This morning I tried to eat an egg and a sausage link for breakfast and after about 3 bites I was 100% DONE!!!! Thats an example of "Sally" reminding me of who is in charge. Today I met with the nutritionalist and it felt good to hear that I can eat pretty much anything at this point. She basically said to focus on 60 protiens a day and 64 ounces of water and not to pay attention to anything else. She said if Im worried about my calorie intake that I need to keep it under 900 during weightloss. There is nooooo way I could eat 900 calories in a day. I would be surprised if I average 600 a day right now. I will be starting my exercise regmine today and would like to do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. EVERYDAY!! I am a firm believer that you must "mix it up" to keep the weightloss going so that is what I intend on doing. I am so fortunate that I have 3 different pieces of fitness equipment in my house because I would NEVER be motivated to go to a gym, I am to much of a home body I guess. I am looking forward to the cooler weather and then I can be going for walks more outside as well. I am thinking about putting a flyer together and passing it out around the neighborhood and trying to get some other people to walk with me. I live in a community of mostly retired people so I think if I had a set walking time that I could get a group to join me. Even if they dont want to join me they could cheer me on!!! hee hee I am starting to really notice changes in my body. My stomache actually looks like a "landslide" because the fat is like "melting" away and of course it isnt happening evenly. When I was leaving the Doctors office today I saw my reflection in the glass door and I had to look twice, and yup it sure was me in that window!!! I also tried on my first pair of super cute shoes and they FIT but they still dont look quite right so I will wait to show those off...lol I also tried on a pair of 22 shorts and they fit, oh ya...they did!!! I am super excited about going back to work and facing all the new challenges that lay ahead for me in my new position. There is so much going on and so many things coming up for me and it feels good to be busy......Kemmeter mentioned today about the importance of a strong support team and I am so fortunate to have all of you cheering me on and wishing me success in my journey. Your thoughts and kind words are motivational and keep me on the right track.....Its amazing how much more conscience you are of things if you know that people are "watching" you. Keep on "watching" and I'll keep on keepin on!!!! I am 6 weeks post-op and I CAN DO THIS!!!!

HW:359  June 1st: 299.5 SW: 276.5     
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/11 8:15 am - Calimes, CA
Congratulations... It is great to read and feel your enthusiasm.

I enjoy reading from those of you who are new to the post op side... my surgery is in 2 weeks and even though I've been told through my 12 weeks of classes that I won't be able to eat but 2 oz, its so hard to really comprehend it... yet I'm sooo looking forward to it.

Congrats to you on your journey.
kimbethin
on 8/1/11 8:35 am - CA
  Cheers for you!!!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
wert
on 8/1/11 8:40 am - MN
YAY for you. I'm so happy you're feeling so well. Keep on doing what you're doing. Way to go! 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

smiles24
on 8/1/11 11:32 pm - MI
Awesome!!  Great job!!  Congratulations on your successes!  I am in the beginning stages of the entire process and am so excited.  This cannot come fast enough for me!   It is so nice to hear that after 6 weeks, you still have the same excitement and enthusiasm!!  
Sheryl
HW:  273   SW: 238   CW:  164  GW:  150  

Most Active