Things smell different...

Nonie0123
on 7/31/11 5:17 am - MT
I've noticed that since I was sleeved everything smells, well...more strongly than before, and this could be anything from soap and shampoo to freshly cut grass, or just about anything.
Has anyone noticed a smelly change since surgery?
5' 11", HW 287, SW 270, GW 170                    
cabcab
on 7/31/11 5:27 am
VSG on 01/06/11 with
OMG, for a while after my surgery my sniffer was very heightened!!  The first thing was three days after surgery when my sister picked me up and took me back to her house.  She stopped for a Subway sandwich and got bbq potato chips.  I had to ask her to close the bag because the smell was so huge!  After that it was other things, but I can't remember anything specific.  It did go away though after a while.
    HW: 335.  SW: 318.  CW: 161.0.  Height 5'8.  Age 43.

nikki1974
on 7/31/11 5:43 am

I am with you on that one completely! I thought it was just me! It's crazy how surgery can change things like that. Even the towels in the bathroom can not be used more than once or I just can't stand it.

Till next time !
wert
on 7/31/11 5:43 am - MN
Me, too. At first I could smell everything, and most of the time it didn't smell good. It's either gone away or I've gotten used to it.  Although some time I'll catch a whif of something and can really smell it. Not always a good thing.

Things will taste different, too. Especially sweet stuff. Can't stand sweet stuff anymore - thinking of protein drinks because I don't do sugar these days.  Things I used to like I don't now. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views