How many days

socialite
on 8/1/11 12:30 am - TX
How many days on average until you can go back to work/ school after vsg?

I have one last appt this thursday to complete my packet to submit to the insurance. I'm just trying to figure out if i should post pone class for a month and how much vacation i'll need to take at work.

Thanks!
sueannspencer
on 8/1/11 1:34 am - Carrollton, TX
Everyone is different, so you will find a lot of different answers. I felt terrific 24 hours after surgery, and didn't require any pain meds after the first 8 hours. I felt comfortable returning home (flying across two time zones) after five days, and returned to work after another week. Some patients require a bit more recovery time. I wasn't out to be heroic, I just felt terrific. I'm wishing the same for you.

perfectlayde
on 8/1/11 2:15 am
I went back to work after two weeks.  I have to fly every week for work and I was able to get back to that weekly routine after two weeks comfortably.  I did have the flight attendants and TSA agents help me with my bags because of the weight lifting restraint.  But everyone is different.  I would definitely say at least 2 weeks though.
HW- 357 | SW - 346.2 | CW - 244.0 | GW - 175

Feed your faith and your doubts will starve to death!          
GaryO
on 8/1/11 3:54 am
I returned to my desk job after 1 week off.  No problems. 

socialite
on 8/1/11 2:40 pm - TX
thanks i have a desk job and all my texts for class this fall are electronic so im feeling super about this
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 105 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 329 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 378 views