6 week progress

jennyfur76
on 8/3/11 1:38 am - OH
VSG on 06/21/11 with
Since I really enjoy seeing others progress, I thought I'd share mine...
since my surgery was on a Tuesday, then Tuesdays are my weekly weigh in day. I really have to force myself not to weigh every day.  :)

Heaviest: 366 (at start of appts w/Dr & Nut)
(-9) 357 at beginning of 2-week Pre-Op
(-16) 341 on surgery day, down 16 lbs from 2-wk pre-op diet
(-11) 330 Week 1
(-5) 325 Week 2
(-3) 322 Week 3
(-2) 320 Week 4
(-3) 317 Week 5
(-6) 311 Week 6

55 lbs total lost, 30 lost since surgery!

I am only measuring inches 1Xmonth, so as of my 1-month surgerversary (July 21), I have lost 22.5 inches so far!

I am very excited about the progress so far!! My 2- month appointment is on August 22nd, and I REALLY want to be under 300 lbs by then. It's gonna be close!!

- I am tracking my food on SparkPeople.com
- I am getting between 40-55 oz water/fluids each day, really working on getting in more
- my calories range between 400-600/day
- I am exercising about 3X per week, mostly treadmill walking for now, will be scheduling in Aqua Zumba soon (3X/week)

H_kd27
on 8/3/11 1:41 am - DC
VSG on 07/25/11 with
You are progressing wonderfully!!! Keep up the GOOD work!!

Lisa J.
on 8/3/11 1:48 am - OK
I'm glad that you remembered to measure--that is the BEST thing to be able to look back on I think....and currently I cannot find my sheet from either right before or right after surgery (it's in this house somewhere!)

GOOD FOR YOU! Cannot congratulate you more!! Isn't it amazing how motivated you stay as you're consistently losing weight? There is nothing quite like that almost-instant success and results!!

I firmly believe that if more people could have such instant success, more people would be able to actually "diet" long term. Very few of us are able to do it without surgery and I feel so blessed to have been able to do it.

One thing I do know for sure and have recently been made aware of again is WATER WATER WATER should still be your biggest intake. 55 oz is NOT enough. I know if feels like you're a water balloon ready to splat but you HAVE to drink more, and when you do, you'll always consume less food. I doubled my water just this week and know by next week I will have dropped several pounds (just in time to vacay in CA) and if not, well I know from experience it will happen anyway but perhaps not on my time table. So far every vacay since surgery has resulted in weight loss! WOO HOO!

You will feel like a completely new person if you don't feel it already, be prepared for all the new NSV's coming your way!

ROCK YOUR SLEEVE!
Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
tulips52
on 8/3/11 7:01 am
 WoooHooo! You are doing wonderfully! You are very inspiring to those of us pre op with higher BMI's! Thanks for sharing!

J.e.t.
on 8/3/11 7:33 am
 Good job!
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 85 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 298 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 346 views