NEWBIES: Questions answered and hopefully some help

Limeaide1
on 8/2/11 12:22 pm - Olympia, WA

Thank you so much for the advice as I'm about to head down this road!

Joe R.
on 8/2/11 1:45 pm - NJ
Very helpful and I always fell that TMI is what people really want to hear sometimes...
Thanks for the info...
I have printed it out and will carry this post in my wallet to read every once in a while...
 BEST OF LUCK TO ALL...
JOE R.

sunshinexoxo
on 8/2/11 8:15 pm, edited 8/2/11 8:16 pm - MI

I enjoyed reading your post. 
Good info!! Thank you for sharing 

Nadia
Lisa J.
on 8/3/11 12:04 am - OK
Thank you all! Like most of us, we're here to help any way we can. Not everyone's experiences are 100% exactly the same but there are lots of things that are.

Funny about the TMI, you're right, THAT is real life and although people don't like to ask those kinds of questions, it is what we're all concerned about even if we don't ask!!

The other thing about BM, pre-surgery I had a normal healthy BM every single day like clockwork. Now it's about every other day although I've only had one incidence of feeling constipated in 2 years. Sometimes I'll just swig a measure of Metamucil and forget about it. I do eat plenty of greens/fiber so it's not painful but it just isn't the same as before.

I wanted to add one more thing--I had forgotten about: I am on an IUD that prevents my period (TOM-=time of month) and I had it prior to surgery. Out of the clear blue sky the day after surgery and a couple more days I have a bloody discharge! What?? WHAT?? It disappeared and hasn't come back. Nothing that a few pantiliners didn't handle. Not a full blown period (probably because of the IUD) but for people still having normal periods it could certainly be on the post surgery radar. Just a little head's up. It's normal.
Lisa J
HW: 277   Day of Surgery: 234    CW: 161 Goal: 135 sounds good but....? Who knows!

HW/277   EVAL/260  PREOP/246  SURGERY DAY/243   CW/162 1/3/2011
smiles24
on 8/3/11 12:27 am - MI
Lisa, thank you so much for your very helpful and well informed post!!  I'm very excited for the process to begin!! 
Sheryl
HW:  273   SW: 238   CW:  164  GW:  150  

Most Active