Two week pre-op diet.. Accidentally had caffeine!... Ack!

lookin4-80
on 8/3/11 3:31 pm
On August 3, 2011 at 6:25 PM Pacific Time, 3sweetpeas wrote:
Sooo.. I was told no caffeine for two weeks before surgery... And I THOUGHT I was following that plan...

I've been drinking the crystal lite raspberry green tea like crazy, not even thinking it would have caffeine.. I thought it was just flavored to taste like green tea, nope.. It's got instant green tea in it! Yes, pretty stupid, isn't it? Have I just doomed myself?... Why exactly are we not suppose to have caffeine pre-surgery?..

I should also mention I am allowed decaf coffee with sugar free syrups and non fat milk.. My hubby went to Starbucks yesterday and got me a grande frappucino.. I guzzled half of it and realized the order sticker on the cup didn't say decaf.. So I asked hubby and he said, "I forgot"... I figured that little bit of caffeine would be oK to let slide.. But after this tea ordeal, I dunno?

I'm gonna cry if I screwed myself and have to do this liquid diet even longer and delay surgery...
No caffeine is pretty much to prevent ulcers after surgery. They want you to get used to it pre surgery. Stop now. You are fine. If you found this out after surgery...ouch! That is whay they do it ths way, lol. Duh moments....

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views