Home and sleeved!! (long) :)

koshermama
on 8/5/11 4:09 am, edited 8/5/11 4:11 am
Actually, I was home around 9:30 last night, but I was soooo wiped out from the checkout process that I went straight to bed!

So I was sleeved at 11:30am Wednesday. The anesthesiologist was a gem - listened to my concerns about the "tight" feeling I've gotten in my throat before my last 2 surgeries, that scared the daylights out of me for a few seconds until I was unconcscious. He gave me Valium before actually knocking me out, and it didn't happen this time.

All of the nurses (exc. the first one) were just wonderful, and I made sure they knew how much I appreciated it, because I knew I was probably driving them crazy with my questions!

I think I will post the long version on the "blog", but I was up walking all the time, which really helped. I was having a hard time getting any sleep, so when I felt like I really needed to crash, the nurses were so understanding and had the nurses taking vitals and blood sugar tests come to me next. Every time I bent my arm just a little, the infuser started beeping, which was maddening! I was so glad to get rid of that, but it also meant no more morphine. Honestly, I didn't need it so much, but used it when I was trying to sleep.

I was discharged about 35 hours after my surgery. I have a timer on my phone that helps me keep track of drinking (no more than 20 ccs) every 15 minutes.  The diarrhea didn't start until after I got home.  But it's not horrible, like when you have the flu.

I will post more later - I need a shower badly!!

HW 310, SW 307, CW 259, LW 7.5, Goal 150

Shalom aleichem! Join us...  Keeping Kosher After WLS    
DonnaCrosland
on 8/5/11 4:33 am - WA
congratulations - sounds like you are doing great.  Such a positive attitude...take care - don't push yourself too hard...and keep up with the water.
mawmawpenny
on 8/5/11 4:34 am - LA
Good Luck!!! Hope you're recovery is an easy one.

Penny

Chana
on 8/5/11 4:45 am
hi!  I was just thinking when I logged in that I hoped you would have an update and that everything had gone well!

Glad to hear you're feeling well. 
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/11 6:17 am - NY
hey hun congratz i cant wait to join the losers bench like u
Carpidiem
on 8/5/11 6:49 am - VA
VSG on 07/05/11 with
Congratulations! And I love your LW of 7.5. Clever.
Carpe Diem ! Seize the day!

koshermama
on 8/5/11 7:12 am
Thanks everyone! :)

HW 310, SW 307, CW 259, LW 7.5, Goal 150

Shalom aleichem! Join us...  Keeping Kosher After WLS    
1london
on 8/5/11 10:18 am
Welcome home!!  So glad you are doing well.  Walking really does help and you are smart to do the phone timer if it helps.  Each day gets better and I wish you all the best!!  Keep us posted!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 106 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 333 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 383 views