On my way to Revision

Sugan Spice
on 8/8/11 8:56 am - Gatineau, Canada
Revision on 02/21/12
Hi all! I am new to this whole section! I was originally here to find out who else was struggling with their LapBand and discovered others that had the band removed and the sleeve completed.

I am going in September for my consultation with the Surgeon (Dr Garneau) in Montreal and am SO excited!!

Now if only I can figure out how to get a darn profile pic up, I'd be realllly happy!
pebbles4388
on 8/8/11 10:22 am - MA
VSG on 01/12/12
Welcome!! I have the band and am looking to have mine revised to the sleeve as well. Best of luck to you during your consultation. Hope you get a date quickly for surgery.

Banded on 11/02/06. Looking forward to a revision to VSG.  

Poodles
on 8/8/11 11:01 am - TX
I feel your pain.  The band was the worst mistake of my life.  Since I have the sleeve tummy (but with the extra DS part) I can tell you your eating life will be much better after you get that band off.

I love how I can eat now. (no slime, golfballs, slips,etc)   It is heaven.
 Come to the Dark Side!!!                     
Band to DS revision 11/09/09.
Learn about the Duodenal Switch at dsfacts.com ! Off site comparisons of the 4 WLS 
http://www.thinnertimes.com/weight-loss-surgery/wls-basics/w eight-loss-surgery-comparison.html
http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html

Sugan Spice
on 8/9/11 12:34 am - Gatineau, Canada
Revision on 02/21/12
Thanks for the support Poodles! I am so excited to have it completed.  I jumped too quickly into the band. I realize that it works for some but it definitely has not worked with me...the slippage has been brutal...
cancelsbronx
on 8/9/11 1:00 pm - Stamford, CT
I gave up that rubber band about a month ago.  I am now sleeved and feel great.  Contact me if you have any questions.

Regards,

Santos

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 320 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 365 views