It's been a while folks! Checking in!

farewell2fat
on 8/10/11 11:22 am, edited 8/9/11 11:23 pm - Apopka, FL
I haven't posted in a while, mainly because I've been trying to keep up w/my 3 kids over the Summer break! It's a full time job trying to keep them entertained & keep them from fighting! Lol! Anyways, I'm doing relatively well, besides during w/some very low iron levels (which I'll elaborate on in this post). I've lost 55 lbs so far! Excited about that! Still consider myself somewhat of a slow loser, but I'm still okay w/that. I attended my 20 yr high school reunion a couple weeks ago & had a fantastic time! I felt good & looked good too! I was never really big in high school, so I was really dreading going to the reunion being overweight. I thought no one would recognize me. So, when the reunion committee contacted me a year ago about my upcoming reunion, I had NO intentions of going. Well, needless to say, I did go & am very happy that I did. I got a ton of compliments that night, even danced, something I rarely do! But I credit this all to the weight loss. I feel good about myself, so I'm no longer hanging out on the side lines anymore!
At my 6 mos bariatric check up, everything checked out okay, but I mentioned to the Dr. that I was having dizzy spells & felt very weak during my menstruation cycle. They said it sounded like low iron, but would contact me when my lab work came in (had them drawn same day as my appt). They called me a week later & said that my iron level was almost non-existent, at a level 4. It had dropped from an 8 at my last check up at 3 mos. So, they were concerned & referred me to a Hematologist to inquire about Iron infusion therapy. Had my consult w/the Hematologist this week & he said I probably had this problem prior to surgery, but that the surgery didn't help the situation. He aslo mentioned shortening the duration/severity of my periods by doing a procedure called ablasion. So, I have to consult w/a Gynocologist for this. Other than this bump in the road, doing pretty well. Meeting my protein goals, could be drinking my fluids more & could actually start exercising! I feel like I already get a pretty good workout keeping up w/my kids, but I technically know that's not nearly enough! ;)
One thing that is kind of bothering me though is the fact that my husband hasn't really complimented my weight loss. NOT that I did the surgery for him or need his reaffirmation, but it WOULD be nice!!! I think it's insecurity at it's finest! Everyone else mentions my weight loss, so I get pissed off when he doesn't. Oh well, he's an ass!
Only adverse side effects that I've had so far are minimal hair loss & my boobs have defintely taken a hit! They have deflated & weren't really perky to begin with (especially after 3 kids)! So I think I see a boob job in my near future! Lol! I do have the beginnings of some bat wings on my arms too! All that being said, it's still worth it to me!
Hopefully all of you are enjoying your Summer & are doing well!!! Take care:)

mit_tens
on 8/10/11 11:47 am - Woodstock, CT
Its been a while since Ive seen you! Good to see you post! Congrats on the weightloss, it looks like you have done great!

:D

Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future. 

HW~245
CW~178
GW~130

Thats 268 sticks of butter GONE!          
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 2:56 pm
It was nice reading your post. Girl you are looking good, your husband better watch out!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 264 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views