Accountability.... help!

jennkitt
on 8/10/11 12:13 pm - MI
The last week has been not so good food wise... I know it has a lot to do with emotional eating, I lost my dog.... have lots of family drama going on.... lots of financial drama....yuck.  Anyway, even though I can wrap my head around why it is happening, I can't seem to be able to stop it.

My mornings start off well, protein coffee, bam-30 g of protein out of the way.  I then have a green smoothie, lots of veggies and fruit all in one compact drink.  I snack on something protein before lunch, then have an ok lunch.... then it goes down hill.  Lots of snacking... I made the mistake of making chocolate bread (what was I thinking, my 2 favorite foods in one dish?!) and have been having a piece or two daily for the last 3 days.... I try to eat some coco dusted almonds to ward off the cravings... no help.  Egg drop soup for dinner with some chicken. So I am getting my protein....

I have been drinking water....

I just ate a sundae cone in about 2 minutes flat. I feel like I am spiraling out of control, and even when I get a good start to the day, the evening is blown for me.  Ugh.  Please send suggestions on how to pull my self back up onto the wagon before it runs me over.z

Jenn
HW: 305, Consult: 285, Day of surg:261

Lisa D.
on 8/10/11 12:49 pm - New Orleans, LA
So sorry about your dog.  I know how devasting that loss is.  BUT you have to get that bad **** out of your house.  Don't just throw it in the trash--ruin it first.  Be mad at it, destroy it, get rid of it.  Instead of baking go walking.  It is free and lets you think about getting back on track.  You have come too far to start this. You know the evenings are hard so make plans for that time.  Long bath, good book, talking to friends, playing with your new pup.  A new pup may save both of you.  Get a pound pup and you will both have a new lease on life.  Or should I say "leash" on life?  Good luck and keep us posted.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

roundater
on 8/10/11 1:11 pm - Lincoln, NE
Everybody has bumps in the road. Just put it behind you and get back on track. Congrats on your loss so far!
Rich Sonderegger

OldMedic
on 8/10/11 1:25 pm - Alvaton, KY
The advice is simple.  Actually doing it is NOT so simple.

Just get back on program.  Get rid of the smoothies (fruit has a LOT of natural sugar, which is carbs, which is NOT good for you).

You are eating way too mu*****arbohydrates.  GET off of them.

Stick to the basics and nothing else.  This is NOT rocket science, it is so simple that most people can;t follow through because IT IS SO DARNED SIMPLE.

You need to eat between 70-90 grams of protein each and every day.

You need to keep the carbs, and the fats to an absolute minimum.  If you could get by on 10 grams of them, then do it.

Do your regular exercise.  Once again, you do not need any equipment, you do not need to join a gym.  Just walk.  That's all you NEED to do.  Swimming is even better, because it uses every muscle in the body.

Eating carbs WILL stimulate hunger.  So, all the crap you are eating is causing you to blow it.

If a very lazy (and I am VERY lazy) 65 year old confirmaed couch potato could do this, then you darn well can.  Just stop indulging yourself, and get back to the absolute minimum basics.

I couldn't eat enough protein, so i supplemented with protein shakes.  I made my own, out of 1% milk, protein powder and zero calorie flavorings (such as Almond, Vanilla, Orange, etc.) of the types used in baking.

Remember the KISS principle.  Keep it Simple, Stupid!  The stupid part comes in when you simply will not keep it simple.

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

njmom5870
on 8/10/11 1:37 pm
(((HUGS))))))

So many difficult things that are going on around you that are out of your control EXCEPT one thing.....your eating!!  Emotional eating is a reaction to stress and you will continue to feel worse not better.

When you are faced with this type of eating...start journaling your feelings rather than eating.  Pop a piece of gym in your mouth and write down all of your feelings.    At the end of the day, write 3 things you are proud of.  Remember, no food is 'good or bad' just had a consequence.  My therapist told me these tips and they are very helpful.

THROW OUT any trigger foods.  Once you get a day under your belt,  you will feel SO MUCH BETTER.  The best remedy for stress is EXERCISE!! 

Good Luck, things are definitely rough for you.  You can and will get through this rough patch.
Nina

Lap Band Surgery 7/29/09......Removal after full slip 10/29/09
    Sleeve surgery...life really began....1/3/11

jennkitt
on 8/10/11 11:19 pm - MI
Thanks for the straight shooting advice everyone! We have a new pup on the way, getting her on the 30th, can't wait :-)  I can do this, I just have to make better choices.
HW: 305, Consult: 285, Day of surg:261

Most Active