Soft food diet suggestions?

Pkrplyr777
on 8/13/11 12:34 pm - CT
My husband and I start soft foods in a week. I'd like to have some things ready that will keep his interest.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Heleena33
on 8/13/11 12:36 pm - Custer, WA
Didn't your nutritionist give you a menu to plan your diet week by week?
I think it is best to go to the top of the page in the search bar and put in soft food diet....a bunch of posts should come up for you!
Pkrplyr777
on 8/13/11 12:50 pm - CT
I was given a list of foods but things like tuna salad are kind of vague. I think I'll email her and ask for a more detailed list.
thanks
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Lynn5707
on 8/13/11 12:52 pm - IN
Hi,

I was told basically anything that can be cut with a fork - well not anything - protein foods. So I have made noodle-less lasagna (George Stella's recipe on food network), taco meat with cheese and salsa. Sausage and eggs. Yogurt, steamed veggies (no corn, no seeds, etc). Chicken salad, tuna salad, cottage cheese. Ham and swiss cheese rolled up.

I hope this helps!

Lynn

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 1:53 pm - Orange County, CA
I am going to try this tomorrow

Shelly's Baked Ricotta (http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html

8 oz of Ricotta Cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 large Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, beaten egg, seasonings together and place in a oven proof dish. Pour marinara on top and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake it in the oven @ 450 for about 20-25 minutes (best) or nuke it till hot and bubbly. I usually made it first in the oven and heated the leftovers in the microwave.

wert
on 8/13/11 2:06 pm - MN
This is SO GOOD. I made it during my soft stage and it lasted for ever. At that time I could only eat about a tablespoon or so at a time and it filled me right up. Yum... 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Jackie00
on 8/13/11 1:58 pm
I looked at the post op diet from a few surgeon's webpages, it will give you lots of help there.  I am not there yet but hopefully in the next 30-45 days at the latest (or I have to reapply for my loan).  I cannot take any vacation until then due to staff shortage at work with summer vacations.  I am thinking now that I might want to take 3 weeks off for sure because of the liquid in, liquid out senerio.  

Here is a little example of what one surgeon says in Canada just look on the left under vertical sleeve and it will say the first two weeks etc...

http://www.weightlosssurgery.ca/en/aftersurgery/followups/vsg
wert
on 8/13/11 2:05 pm - MN

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

SharkBait
on 8/13/11 4:03 pm - CO
My nutritionist suggested meatballs, which has been great!  I figured out that I can pay for a 6" meatball sub at Subway and get  6 or 7 meatballs in a soup container.   That lasts 2 or 3 meals, easily!

lanunes
on 8/13/11 5:33 pm - CA
 I would get a exact list from your NUT. I read  posts on here about being able to eat wendy's chili and chicken salad and got ALL EXCITED. Then I double checked with my NUT and she shattered my dreams of something semi yummy. She said all I can have is Tofu, Greek Yogurt, eggs, cottage cheese. Well, I like 2/4 of those things....oh well, My surgeon is super strict....but he knows his stuff so I follow it =) Good luck! 
      Leslie Nunes              
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views